2»

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    Options
    I'm thinking tonight is going to be "A BlueFox kinda Saturday night."

And I bet it's going to be fantastic.

Enjoy. That's an awesome system.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Wonderful Setup Bud. Enjoy it!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Looks fantastic!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Thanks guys. I noticed last night after playing 8 hours or so that the mid did seem to tighten up, or become more focused. Now they have been playing nonstop for about 22 hours, and really sound great. Granted, I do expect them to sound great, but I don't think I am fooling myself into thinking that. Right now the SPL is in the high 70s, but it seems louder. That was one thing I noticed about the original S5. The louder they played, the better they sounded. The MK2 seems to bring that ability down a notch on the volume scale, which is a good thing. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Nice To see you set them up right away and listened to them.... instead of them sitting idle for
    Months :wink: would love to hear these some day.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Beautiful set-up, good timing with the three day weekend!
  • BlueFox
    Options
    So far they have been playing nonstop since Friday afternoon around 2 PM, and will continue until I leave for work Tuesday morning. I gave them a good listen Friday night, and after about 8 hours the mid tightened up and became more solid. Since I have a date today I wasn't able to give them the diligence they deserve on Saturday night. If she spends the night then I won't be able to really enjoy them until next Friday, but that is a small price to pay for other fun.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    Options
    So how did they sound Saturday night!?

Ha just bugging you. Congrats on the new speakers and you have quite the eye catching system there.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Not sure what happened between last night and tonight, but the sound is a touch better now. The bass is thumping clearly and cleanly, and the detail in the mid area is even more revealing. Songs are coming on and I am going 'What is that?' LOL. I love it when these experiences occur.

I suspect the speakers are adjusting to their new home, but the same thing can be said of my two week old Triton v3. Whatever is responsible, the end result is a big 10/4 good buddy.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I suspect audibeerology.
  • BlueFox
    Options
    I agree, but I was only on número uno when I had the WTF moment. Will investigate this phenomenon until sunrise Saturday.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nice Fox. When you get that "What is that?" moment, you forget about the upgrade cost or how you pondered on the decision and just enjoy.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • lightman1
    Options
    A So-Cal run at the summer could be possible.
    Not to your level, Bud....but at times I have had that stop and listen moment.... I had a pair of 1A long ago. At times the seat in the "sweet" spot was thrilling. Other times it sounded just this side of damn good whilst cleaning the house.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Mid-Cal then. You happy now? :p
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Mid-Cal, Nor-Cal, or So-Cal I am home on Friday and Saturday nights.

Three 20 amp circuits.