Wow speaker wire does make a difference.

Options
Just got my order in from Blue Jeans, terminated them with some locking banana plugs then a/b them vs my old monster wire.

Granted I know monster cable is crap but I couldn't have imagined the difference in bass these cables provided. Most likely helped that I went from 16g to 10 but still, loving these new cables. I've never seen my passive dance so much!

Now to wait for my rd0s to come in, ordered Friday so hopefully soon.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Haha of course you would be the first to comment Russ. :D

You LOVE cable discussions or is that refuting them?

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Good luck threading the 10awg wire into the locking nanner plugs. . I hope your a patient person ☺️
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I'm a sucker for good cables and a cute redheads, Cody.....guilty as charged, Your Honor. o:)
  • codycatalist
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Good luck threading the 10awg wire into the locking nanner plugs. . I hope your a patient person ☺️

It was a chore that's a fact. I ended up ordering a pair too short of what I needed from BJC so I picked up some GLS audio "gen 4" plugs. Nice and heavy, don't look too bad to boot.

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited February 2017
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for good cables and a cute redheads, Cody.....guilty as charged, Your Honor. o:)

I think you made a mistake. You put o:) I'm pretty sure it was meant to be >:) you devil you.

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options

16 ga to 10 ga?!

Monster to Blue Jeans?!

Mo' bigga, mo' betta!!
    I've never seen my passive dance so much!
    Passive?
    Now to wait for my rd0s to come in...
    rd0s?

Enjoy! Tony

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thats it, I'm going into business.
    dsxcnm0mvd6b.jpeg

Here is my boutique section
    6e7k387ott5n.jpeg

• codycatalist
    Options
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    16 ga to 10 ga?!

Monster to Blue Jeans?!

Mo' bigga, mo' betta!!
    I've never seen my passive dance so much!
    Passive?
    Now to wait for my rd0s to come in...
    rd0s?

Enjoy! Tony

Passive radiator, rd0194 tweeters. :)

• codycatalist
    Options
    Thats it, I'm going into business.
    dsxcnm0mvd6b.jpeg

Here is my boutique section
    6e7k387ott5n.jpeg

I'll trade you my blue jean cables!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 342
    edited February 2017
    Options
    More copper *generally* equates to better bass in speaker cables, hence in lower price cables you can get a nice boost using 10g cable. Though if you look at my Jorma Statement sc's (see below), the twin runs of cable are quite thin, yet they are well balanced top to bottom which is counter intuitive. Sure, Siltech Royal Sig or Crown series, or the top level PAD cables have more bass, but that isn't always a good thing, particularly if your speakers already have good output and are reasonably efficient.

v5xqxeuclhg6.jpg
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    More copper *generally* equates to better bass in speaker cables, hence in lower price cables you can get a nice boost using 10g cable. Though if you look at my Jorma Statement sc's (see below), the twin runs of cable are quite thin, yet they are well balanced top to bottom which is counter intuitive. Sure, Siltech Royal Sig or Crown series, or the top level PAD cables have more bass, but that isn't always a good thing, particularly if your speakers already have good output and are reasonably efficient.

v5xqxeuclhg6.jpg

I like your cables and your carpet is fancy.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • codycatalist
    Options
    They are purdy

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    The $1,200 MIT StyleLine SL12's don't use massive gauge wire either, about the same as the Jorma in that picture.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The $1,200 MIT StyleLine SL12's don't use massive gauge wire either, about the same as the Jorma in that picture.

I had to choose between 12 and 10 gauge and just shot on the 10. I conceal all my wires so they aren't an issue with size, they also fit perfectly in my bananas so why not.

• Joey_V
    Options
    I like that my wel has some heft but then it's heavy and that has its disadvantages.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I like that my wel has some heft but then it's heavy and that has its disadvantages.

Just curious what are the disadvantages You See?

• Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

Just curious what are the disadvantages You See?

Heavy and it puts stress on the binding posts. If I had bookshelves it's over for the speaker... That thing is tipping over

But I can overlook that because the wel is daddy's little girl...

... Oh wait that's Emma...
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited February 2017
    Options
    How much do the Wels weigh? Enough to tip over a stand and 25+ pound bookie? That's insane.

Can your B&W stands be mass loaded?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The other advantage is the cables are very easy to work with, which given the space restrictions behind my racks, is a godsend.