Audio Desk Ultrasonic RCM on the way...

Options
My first Father's Day gift comes early...

http://www.stereophile.com/content/audio-desk-systeme-vinyl-cleaner#LZsFaF5RsQD7hJDE.97

looking forward cleaning about two thousand records... If any of you guys have records to clean, I will be happy to help. B)
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Very nice. Just send it around to all of us. B)
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    Very nice. Just send it around to all of us. B)

I might be open to that actually. Thought of making it a group purchase and passing it around the group.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    Options
    I have been considering upgrading to an ultrasonic cleaner so please keep us updated. A VPI 16.5 RCM has been in use here for years with great results using the three step Audio Inteligence solutions (enzyme, cleaner, pure water rinse) on my used acquisitions. I do just the cleaner and clear water rinse on all new pressings. It makes an exciting improvement on many, but sadly doesn't fix permanent grove damage on those others...
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Congrats on your "Ultimate" RCM, I don't have the collection or the bank account to afford a cleaner of the caliber...but if I did, I would!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Congrats on your "Ultimate" RCM, I don't have the collection or the bank account to afford a cleaner of the caliber...but if I did, I would!

I don't either, but desperate sellers can sometimes come in handy.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Just a quick word on this RCM... so far I have cleaned a half dozen records with it, all of which were in the pile of records that I wanted to keep, but needed better copies because the SQ was so bad I could not listen to them. Each one after cleaning, has earned the coveted MFSL record sleeve. The Audio Desk does the job like no other. Everything that has been written about it is true, and then some. More later, but if local polkie would like to give it a spin, just shoot me a pm.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    if local polkie would like to give it a spin, just shoot me a pm.
    Where is local?

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Los Angeles... literally saved me 150.00 in record replacement costs in a matter of minutes.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Just cleaned a 52 year old copy of The Beatles VI... it plays better the it ever has! This was my first Beatles album and was worn out by my mom before my 8 year old paws found it. I am shocked this can even be played anymore, much less sound as if it was just opened for the very first time.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Have a copy of Star Wars- The Force Awakens on vinyl... what a crap pressing this on is. Beyond any help whatsoever. I will see if it can be exchanged for another, but I doubt it.

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    What's it cost? I had a VPI one but that kaput...
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    A nice "all in one" system. I would love to compare this with my in progress diy ultrasonic set up. I don't understand why you are limited to their proprietary cleaning solution unless it's a warranty thing?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    What's it cost? I had a VPI one but that kaput...

Google and Audiogon work quite well from what I hear anyway... :D

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Just an update... the Audio-desk has taken every LP that was in my pile of records needing replacement and made them not only playable again, but actually turned them into near mint or VG copies all over again. Only one out of some 75 recordings that have been cleaned though this cleaner have been rejected, and it is a new copy of Star Wars the Force Awakens.

This is a first rate RCM in all respects.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    As my time with the Audio Desk draws to a close, I thought I would share some final thoughts. I have been continuously shocked each time I play an LP that has been scrubbed by the ultrasonic bubble bath. Though I do have about 30 records that were damaged so badly they will need to be replaced, the vast majority play to a level that exceeds my wildest expectation. I can now pull any record from my collection and know that I will be able to thoroughly enjoy the experience.

I already have a buyer lined up for it and will recover 95 percent of my initial investment. To use a machine of this caliber for the cost of purchasing a SpinDoctor has made the cleaning process an enjoyable experience. Someday I will have one of these as a permanent piece of my collection, but for now, I can heartily recommend picking up one of these RCM's if you can swing it, especially on the used market.

• muncybob
    Options
    You got a great price on a nice unit and are selling? Not planning to buy any add'l vinyl in the future?
    I'm still holding out for a ultrasonic unit at a good price. Seen some cheapies on ebay but a Sonix or similar is what I'm hoping for. For the price of a Spin Doctor I would have gladly taken that off your hands.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    My comment on the Spin Doctor meany that my total out of pocket will. Be abour a hundred bucks, not that I paid a hundred for a 4K machine. I won't be adding anything to my home for a long time with a newborn in the house, so no Ned to keep this when I could pay off the credit card used to purchase it.

• muncybob
    Options
    Yea, I figured that was too good to be true. I need to make a decision and buy a US unit soon. I keep buying more vinyl but won't play them until they are cleaned.
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    There is one for sale on another site for $2100 from a reliable seller - original owner. This owner has the AD, a VPI, a KLaudio, and a Clearaudio Sonic.
    [