What are these called when the tweeter is in the middle of the drivers?

Options
2»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    mrloren wrote: »
    As for the Polk 40 or 45 I would get whichever one is cheaper.

Oooh, I'd like to see what you'd post to a "cables matter" thread!

;)

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »
    As for the Polk 40 or 45 I would get whichever one is cheaper.

Oooh, I'd like to see what you'd post to a "cables matter" thread!

;)

Oh no, aint going to happen.

These are for the most part the same "speaker" just newer version.

Cables do matter. I was using the $6 special HDMI till I picked up some Audioquest for dirt at a garage sale. oh yeah much better.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I think they both use the same drivers.

(2) 5.25" (13.34 cm) d (Round) Midrange - Dynamic Balance bi-laminate composite cone drivers.

The 45B's cost a little more, and I saw the 45B's for sale on Ebay by the Polk Store for like $139 a pair.

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Sometimes some speakers are offered on NewEgg that are specific to NewEgg.
    Polk has Monitor 60's and 70's, but a while back NewEgg had Monitor 65's (?) that were only offered through NewEgg.
    At least that's the way I remember it. Which means that you shouldn't mortgage the farm on that.

I'd like to see a sound dispersion diagram for this little number:

eigvzf8pm59d.jpg

Now, IMO, that appears to be one fine piece of furniture. Sonically ? If I had to wager a bet, I would bet that it falls into the FUBAR region. But I'm not going to bet because apparently the JBL Paragon are considered sort of the best thing since sliced bread over in Japan.
    (I'm assuming sliced bread is a big deal over there).

Sal Palooza
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    That is gorgeous, I would love to have that no matter the sound.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Sometimes some speakers are offered on NewEgg that are specific to NewEgg.
    Polk has Monitor 60's and 70's, but a while back NewEgg had Monitor 65's (?) that were only offered through NewEgg.
    At least that's the way I remember it. Which means that you shouldn't mortgage the farm on that.

I'd like to see a sound dispersion diagram for this little number:

eigvzf8pm59d.jpg

Now, IMO, that appears to be one fine piece of furniture. Sonically ? If I had to wager a bet, I would bet that it falls into the FUBAR region. But I'm not going to bet because apparently the JBL Paragon are considered sort of the best thing since sliced bread over in Japan.
    (I'm assuming sliced bread is a big deal over there).

I haven't heard a Paragon, nor even its sibling the Metregon*, but folks I know who have (some of them even committed JBL fanboys) say -- "meh".

It sacrifices some performance for comeliness. Sort of like a trophy wife :neutral:

30055252732_3f26c4fabf_b.jpgDSC_6121a by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    My gawd. Where does he get such wondrous toys ? :)

Now, I'm not trying to (deliberately) derail the thread, but while checking out some of the wonderful toys at Kenrick Sound, I came across this video. Kind of interesting, IMO.
    Besides showing a well-finished Paragon, it also shows the Japanese deliverymen setting it up in a Mr. T's house which appears to be undergoing renovation (along with a set of 4341's).
    Kind of interesting that all the workers are in their stocking feet, per custom.
    OSHA would have a fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVeb-x9lp_E

Sal Palooza
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Thanks Ron I am in the advanced stages of CRAFTS.

Is that an STD or contagious?

Cant
    Remember
    A
    F'n
    Thing
    Syndrome