Who went to Polk??

Special event indeed! You lucky dogs!

qwaUmH5.jpg
<3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)

Comments

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,078
    Last time I was at Polk HQ, there must have been 20-25 other Polk Forum members there with me. It was an enjoyable time and we gave feedback to the engineers on various projects they had going on behind closed doors at the the time. The "History Hall", if you will, of speakers Polk produced over the years was pretty cool.

I don't know if I was there for that particular GTG.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,386
    From Polks FB page...

Today we had a few of our Polk forum members stop by our headquarters, giving them exclusive access to our products and our listening room.

If you haven't had a chance to check out our forum, we highly recommend it. It's a great community to be a part of, all while getting answers to your Polk questions and seeing stunning home audio set ups.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/

oya9t83m0693.jpg
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • RicardoRicardo Posts: 10,464
    THEY ARE PLACING THEIR CUPS FILLED WITH DRINKS ON THOSE SPEAKERS!!!!!!

Don't let them in again.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,789
    Ricardo wrote: »

Don't let them in again.

I don't see any cups on speakers, they are placards
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,912
    In the first picture, the flannel, thick rimmed glasses, watch guy... what's that his arm is on? Looks like a giant Polk console stereo or something?
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,202
    Nightfall wrote: »
    In the first picture, the flannel, thick rimmed glasses, watch guy... what's that his arm is on? Looks like a giant Polk console stereo or something?

That guy is our very own D2Lo. Not sure what the pieces are though.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra, Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design Magnifico, North Star Design Supremo
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    @D2Lo What is that thing?
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |

• D2LoD2Lo Posts: 352
    It is one of the very first speakers that Matt made in 1972, nicknamed "The Baby Bottom". Stu helped us with all of the placards for those speakers. He was there for most of it, having started in 1976 :smile:
    Michael DiTullo
    Chief Design Officer
    That is too cool. Have you ever heard it?

• RicardoRicardo Posts: 10,464
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Don't let them in again.

THANKS. I AM GETTING OLD AND CAN'T SEE.....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Don't let them in again.

LOL, then we won't give you a hard time with spelling in caps ;)

cheers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,054

Don't let them in again.

LOL, then we won't give you a hard time with spelling in caps ;)

cheers

beat me to it lol
    Nightfall wrote: »
    That is too cool. Have you ever heard it?

unfortunately we only have the single, not a pair, so I've never heard it. I'll have to post some more pics of it for you guys.

Michael DiTullo
    Chief Design Officer
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,670
    All of those speakers used to be at the old Baltimore HQ. IIRC, the black one was a PA speaker.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

Yes @F1nut , it is a PA speakers. The first few designs were all meant to be PA's. George, Matt, and Sandy ended up getting stiffed on a PA system, and at the same time they had people asking them for home use HiFi speakers so they shifted their focus. As they call it in start up life, a pivot. And the rest was history as they got some pretty immediate success.
    Michael DiTullo
    Chief Design Officer
  • lawdogglawdogg Posts: 239
    Very cool!! Thanks for the link for us non Facebook people!
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • warrenwarren Posts: 489
    2:12PM
    » show previous quotes

THANKS. I AM GETTING OLD AND CAN'T SEE......
    I thought they were cups also, geez who would do such a thing, they didn't look barbaric..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
    I've got a 27" PC screen, I'm handicapped too :)
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,578
    ROTFLOL! What you all need is eyeglasses, and if you are already wearing some then you need to go get your eyes checked again since they have obviously changed.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    but but but my arms are still long enough and i can shoot targets at 50yrds

and my sunglasses make me look B)
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,578

He says as he walks into a door! LOL! Yeah, that's real B)
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,202
    cfrizz wrote: »

He says as he walks into a door! LOL! Yeah, that's real B)

He just 'brushes' stuff like that off.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra, Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design Magnifico, North Star Design Supremo
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,132
    Very cool indeed! I saw a Facebook live video of the T50 breakdown and saw what I believed to be an early Polk PA. Glad to see my assumptions were correct.
    Living room

Mains: SDA 2B Studio
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved

2 Channel/Bedroom

Polk TSI 200
    Power: Yamaha Av34
    CDP: Technics SL-PD688
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL
    Bravo V2 12AU7

Closet of Dreams:

Marantz PM235
    Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,534
    I've got a 27" PC screen, I'm handicapped too :)

Same here for my upstairs PC, in my bedroom where I like to get into serious PC and console stuff...55 inch 1080P TV...works awesome when I wanna lose the glasses! lol.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 917
    lawdogg wrote: »
    Special event indeed! You lucky dogs!

qwaUmH5.jpg

Sorry I didn't see this post,

I am the large Polar Bear looking guy in the blue shirt ( yes I know I need to drop a few) The other skinny gent is my buddy Pete. My boss was to come but got called into a last minute meeting, he is still mad he couldn't make it.

D2Lo was kind enough to give us a great look around the Vista facility and a great listen to the Signature line (S60). We also had a great demo of some Def Tech's in ATMOS. We did have to sign NDA so I won't say what we got to see in all.

I am still floored by the tour. It was such a brain overload for weeks.

My hats off to D2Lo and the Polk staff for the tour, it was a blast :)
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010,
    Oppo BDP-93,Panasonic BDT460, DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk Signature S30
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk RC80i
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk TSX250C
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,054
    Wished I lived closer to get in on those things lucky folks you are
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 917
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wished I lived closer to get in on those things lucky folks you are

Till we pay SoCal prices for most anything.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010,
    Oppo BDP-93,Panasonic BDT460, DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk Signature S30
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk RC80i
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk TSX250C
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
    mrloren wrote: »
    My hats off to D2Lo and the Polk staff for the tour, it was a blast :)

It was our pleasure!

Michael DiTullo
    Chief Design Officer