Space is getting crowded

Options
I found this on another audio site. It shows all the stuff in space, and it is a lot. You can click on each item, zoom in, zoom out, rotate Earth, and whatever. It is pretty cool if you like this type of thing.

http://stuffin.space/

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Added to favorites, cool with a little creepy attached

TFS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited January 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/djBKQNVj5Cc

In all seriousness, that's pretty cool.
    The geosynchronous satellites at 23,000 (22,236 -- per Google) miles are pretty easy to spot, eh?

Geosats_compilation.jpg

• Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    That's totally cool.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    What I'm looking at? I just see a bunch of dots around some weird circle thingy.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    That's all just tinfoil hat conspiracy stuff 'Fox.... they make this stuff up so people will spend their money on hard hats....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Are those all satellites? I didn't realize there are that many of them out there.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Voyager 1 left our solar system in 2013, it has Chuck Berry's music on it. A copy of Chuck Berry is right now four years out of our solar system... crazy. Edit: At speeds of up to 38,610 miles per hour it took it 13,140 days of nonstop traveling to leave the solar system. Space is mind bending if you think about it too much. It's so easy to lose focus of where we really are.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Are those all satellites? I didn't realize there are that many of them out there.

A lot of the shtuff in low orbit is the debris from the Iridium Satellite Crash*.

*No, i don't actually retain this stuff but had to look it up after perusing the satellite info. That would make me seem far to intelligent and god knows i don't need to mislead you.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    Space is mind bending if you think about it too much. It's so easy to lose focus of where we really are.

It's probably not noticeably crowded despite this {really cool} app making it seem so. Asteroid belts/fields in reality have asteroids spaced really far apart that navigating through one isn't difficult despite what the movies depict.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Space is mind bending if you think about it too much. It's so easy to lose focus of where we really are.

It's probably not noticeably crowded despite this {really cool} app making it seem so. Asteroid belts/fields in reality have asteroids spaced really far apart that navigating through one isn't difficult despite what the movies depict.

This is a good point. Consider a snapshot of aircraft in flight over the US at pretty much any time of day (or night). Each plane in the image below -- is -- a plane. Yeah, they're not that big :blush: -- but there are that many.

FlightRadarUSAMap.jpg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    jiw49e7oyaow.jpg

Yeah...and that big yellow one in Florida didn't use his turn signal. Typical...
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    Notice the line of planes flying along the Mexican border not venturing into Mexican air space.
    Carl

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options

no most are used rocket boosters and space debis from what I clicked on. It is a wonder any satellites are able to be kept in space. Now that I say this I'm sure one will knock out my Dish TV satellites...
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    What are the coordinates for the Black Knight satellite ?

Good observation, btw, schwarcw. I guess they're afraid of ..... uhm .... nevermind. o:)
    Sal Palooza