SVS PCi 25-31 Sub

Pretty self explanatory here. This is the 13" cylinder sub in a nice compact height (31"). Condition is excellent and it functions as new.

I'm not in any hurry to sell, but wanted to get this listed early since it'll likely be a slow sale due to the size and the need for a FTF sale. I absolutely love this sub. The ONLY reason for selling is I'm about to begin a DIY project (dual 15" subs built into the front wall of our HT). Maybe if this sells soon, it'll give me the kick in the pants to get going on the build of the subs.

Looking for $275.

I'm located near State College, PA (geometric center of Pennsylvania!). I will be traveling all over PA the next couple months. I get to Harrisburg, Easton, Pittsburgh, Scranton, Philly quite often and can arrange to meet someone part way.

Here's a few pics (probably should have dusted a little first... :p ):

rcpk6ncdfrbw.jpg

x0ddabwx6oa6.jpg

aav4741ybts5.jpg

ywkqkg5nrnkc.jpg

Thanks for looking,
-Al

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited January 2017
    Al... you mis-spoke....

Your building dual 18" subs hehehehe.... NOT 15's.... I thumb my nose at 15's :grin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Seems like a great price for the sub. Glwts
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2017
    You can't have that kind of quality bass at twice that price. Whoever buys this will be very happy.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Dan,

See, you keep me honest! I ordered the subs, and got them around Thanksgiving. They've been sitting in boxes behind my bar ever since. See what procrastinating does? I'm getting old and senile!

This is an awesome little (well, maybe not so little...) sub at a very fair price! Great way to get into an SVS!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    These received very high praise. I always liked the cylindrical sub. If I'm not mistaken these are ported on the top, which eaves me out, otherwise it would be mine.
  • scubalab
    Kerry - you are correct - top ported with a metal mesh grill. I would definitely want to keep kids (or guests) with drinks away from them, LOL.
  • kharp1
    I don't do HT and preferred sealed boxes, otherwise I'd take it. May still just because. As close as I'm going to be to you is in Columbus, OH at the end of this month.
  • scubalab
    Kerry, I'll be near Pittsburgh Friday, but don't have the sub with (I'm on the road now!). I'll also be in Wexford (just north of Pittsburgh) March 8-10, but that's certainly not the end of this month!

Columbus is about 5 hours from me and about 3 hours from Pittsburgh... probably still too far!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    I have the big brother of this sub and will NEVER get rid of it as long as it's still working. It literally pressurizes the room and has incredible bass response. I have never had or heard bass like this thing delivers and can't imagine getting anything close to its performance for 3 times as much or more.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • kharp1
    Yeah, I'm in Louisville and am going to be in Columbus for granddaughter's cheer competition. Thought I could possibly slip away and drive a couple of hours to meet somewhere that day.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    shawn474 wrote: »
    I have the big brother of this sub and will NEVER get rid of it as long as it's still working. It literally pressurizes the room and has incredible bass response. I have never had or heard bass like this thing delivers and can't imagine getting anything close to its performance for 3 times as much or more.

I have the Plus version and totally agree.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    scubalab wrote: »
    Dan,

See, you keep me honest! I ordered the subs, and got them around Thanksgiving. They've been sitting in boxes behind my bar ever since. See what procrastinating does? I'm getting old and senile!

This is an awesome little (well, maybe not so little...) sub at a very fair price! Great way to get into an SVS!

Trust me. The diff between a 15 and 18 is only like 62 square inches or (if I did the math right) about 33% per sub...

And if this was closer... it would be in my house now lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Damn! I wish that I were in the market for a sub. I live just a few miles from Wexford.
    Carl

• scubalab
    You don't need to be in the market... ;)
  • kharp1
    ^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    ^^^^^what he said....he said^^^^^^

:D
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    DAGNABIT....

Proves my point once again. When your in the market for something its never around at a good price. When you're NOT in the market EVERYTHING is around at a great price!
  • scubalab
    I'll say it again... you don't have to be in the market... :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    scubalab wrote: »
    I'll say it again... you don't have to be in the market... :p

BUT you still must have the FUNDS

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    I will take it if there's any way to get it to chicago
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • scubalab
    edited January 2017
    Pittdogg - I'm not in any big hurry. Who knows, it might be here for a while!

Halo - its's round. It'll roll. I think it's downhill to the Windy City from here, isn't it?
    Post edited by scubalab on
  • kharp1
    That's why I love this forum, you guys are always thinking.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Chicago is up hill from.all directions. Now Rockford........
  • scubalab
    Bumping this not to rush a sale (because I'm technically not ready to let it go), but more because I've got a lot of traveling coming up in the near future. I'll be in the following areas in the next two months (and will gladly travel up to an hour or so from each of these locations to meet up with someone):

- Harrisburg, PA
    - Easton, PA
    - Wexford (Pittsburgh), PA
    - Indiana, PA
    - Philadelphia, PA
    - Scranton, PA

That could open this up to folks from Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, New York, and New Jersey... :)

Let me know if any interest and I can get exact dates.
  • scubalab
    Bump!

I'm heading to Easton tonight through Friday, and will be in South Jersey briefly tomorrow evening if anyone out that way is interested.
  • vlam
    vlam Posts: 282
    You know I would be all over this if I wasn't out of the hobby and didn't already have a non powered one.

Main Gear
    Panasonic 50" Plasma, Polk LSi15 (Front), LSiC, LSi7 (Rear), Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080, AM-9080 bi-amp to LSi15, AM-9080 bi-amp to LSiC and LSi7.
  • scubalab
    Well dang Van! Would have been a great opportunity for a trade!

Looking forward to meeting you tonight.
  • scubalab
    Bump.

I can bring with me to Harrisburg next Wednesday through Friday (2/15-2/17) if anyone down that way is interested. I could even meet part way (up to an hour) from Harrisburg. This could get it close to Baltimore, Philly, Delaware...

I'll also be near Pittsburgh March 8-10 and could meetup to an hour away fro Pittsburgh.

Thanks,
    -Al
  • scubalab
    Bump. Heading to Harrisburg tonight and can bring along if there's any interest out that way.
  • scubalab
    Bump.

Great sub here folks. I know local pickup is limiting a potential sale. I will be near Pittsburgh in a couple weeks and can possibly get it closer to some folks...

I'm still using this (until I get the dual 18's built), so not in any extreme hurry.