Ever lose gear?

Options
2»

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Let's face it. Just about every owner of Bose 901's has lost the equalizer.
    Yet they list it on CL for sale- sounds great. Without the EQ????

But I do have look around for stuff. Half of it's back in Dallas,
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    I just want to know the location of the legendary Lost Remote Control Gaveyard.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

It's not a graveyard, it's a black hole that also swallows up the match to that single sock found in the dryer.

Yeah, I know that the socks are there, too. I was gonna mention them as well.

Also, that one screw that falls on the floor in the basement when taking something apart, and -- just -- disappears.

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options

It's not a graveyard, it's a black hole that also swallows up the match to that single sock found in the dryer.

Also, that one screw that falls on the floor in the basement when taking something apart, and -- just -- disappears.

Wow....that black hole is filling up quick with remotes, individual socks, and testicles. The difference IS, we at least know WHEN we lose our testicles, the rest of the items are a mystery.....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »

we at least know WHEN we lose our testicles, .....

That's when we said "I do" :/

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Only when the water's kinda chilly -- and so far they've always come back.
    So far.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Didn't you know that the hole is actually a portal?
    Socks go in & are mutated & teleported to the upstairs spare closet where they reappear as wire hangers.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I dunno about all y'all, but I like the way that this thread's evolving...

:)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I dunno about all y'all, but I like the way that this thread's evolving...
    Mr. H.,
    We aim to please here. We felt that the original matter wasn't quite "Lightman's Concrete Pillar 3 Page Thread" worthy so it has since been spiced up with the likes of remotes, socks, testicles, and now mutations. Not specifically in that order...

tonyp063 wrote: »
    Socks go in & are mutated & teleported to the upstairs spare closet where they reappear as wire hangers.

I kinda like this theory that they are just reincarnated as a different useless object. Kinda like finding you have 3 different containers of Marjoram leaves in your cabinet, where did all of the "D" batteries comes from, or why do i have so many Command Strip velcro parts but no hooks...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2017
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    ...the likes of remotes, socks, testicles, and now mutations. Not specifically in that order...
    They do, to some extent, go together -- now that you mentioned it.

I kinda like this theory that they are just reincarnated as a different useless object. Kinda like finding you have 3 different containers of Marjoram leaves in your cabinet, where did all of the "D" batteries comes from, or why do i have so many Command Strip velcro parts but no hooks...

This is deep. Deep.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    Oh, I could start a whole other thread with sock stories. It's only been a month or so since my last 6-pair purchase. I already have 3 orphans!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I buy multiple pairs of the same couple of sock motifs (Smartwool -- it gets cold up here).

When one wears out or slips through the wormhole, Mrs. H washes the survivor and puts it in a plastic tub in the laundry room. When it happens again -- we recover the odd sock and voila! A paradox... umm... I mean, pair o' sox!

Y'all needed to know that, right?
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    ^^^
    I've gone that route in the past - probably should go back to it. Also recently bought some Nike socks with a little L and R near the toe (think stereo pair). Of course, two Rs go missing, so yesterday I end up wearing 2 Ls and walked around in circles all day.
  • tonyp063
    Options
    Check the upstairs spare closet.
    Just sayin'
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    some things always evaporate. Guitar picks, rolls of
    electric tape, pen ink. Add those small pocket screwdrivers to the list.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    ^^^
    I've gone that route in the past - probably should go back to it. Also recently bought some Nike socks with a little L and R near the toe (think stereo pair). Of course, two Rs go missing, so yesterday I end up wearing 2 Ls and walked around in circles all day.
    (emphasis added)

Lordy, I love this place!
    Check the upstairs spare closet.
    Just sayin'

Yeah -- and why is it that, on those occasions when one does find something, it's always in the last place one looks for it?

:)

• mhardy6647
    Options
    you know -- for years, I wore tube socks.
    Just happened to think of that.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    When you say, "tube socks", are you referring to .... uh ...... never mind.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    well, now, you wouldn't expect me to wear transistor socks, would you?

https://youtu.be/tFWqpWwAl8o
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I can't find my copy of the direct to disk LP "Sonic Fireworks" (the first volume) on Crystal Clear Records -- does that count?

I spent an hour or more lookin' for it yesterday -- I found vol. 2... but no vol. 1.
    It's here someplace...
  • tonyp063
    Options
    You're on your own for that one Doc.
    My area of expertise is mutated portal hopping socks, not licorice pizzas
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I spent another 45 minutes looking for it downstairs -- not with a lot of gusto, though :neutral:
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I think we may all have too much "stuff"
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    I think we may all have too much "stuff"

I tell Mrs. H that I have almost enough.