New Toy, Pioneer SC-LX801

Options
Finally replacing my SC-07, hopefully I can install tomorrow!!

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    Oh, and our new Pug puppy.. :-)
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Congrats !!! Looks like a keeper.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Sweet! I just looked up the specs on it. I think you can set it to make your coffe and run the dishwasher also lol. It's got a lot packed into it.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Very nice receiver, and damn cute dog! Congrats
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Very cool! Congrats Larry! New gear is always fun, but that new gear looks boss...
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Ahhhh The mighty SC-07, man that was one great receiver. It stayed in my system for years and I loved every single minute of it. I used it as a preamp at first and then took the leap of using the internal amps. I had a Rotel RMB-1095 back then with Dynaudio Audience speakers. I replaced a Rotel RSP-1068 with the SC-07.
    The new SC-LX line I have not messed around with but I will say this, I'm completely unhappy with the flagship model removing the USB DAC. That's what set the SC-68 apart from all other flagship receivers and now Pioneer/Integra decided to remove that feature.
    I currently have the SC-99 and will not upgrade to the SC-LX line. But since the SC-07 there has been some good upgrades to the amp section and overall sound quality I think you will be pleased with.
    It's slighty quieter and more separates like sound then what the SC-07 was. It's an upgrade in sound quality for sure. Not to take anything away from the Mighty SC-07 as I hold that in very high regard. I should have kept mine for my future Museum.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    I love the SC-07, not sure what I'm going to do with it, the only reason I upgraded is I can't get audio out of a 3D blu-ray unless I put it in multi-channel mode, I need something with 3D pass-thru..

I like the robustness of the SC-07 better, I regret not getting the 99, as far as the USB DAC, I never use it in my HT anyway so that won't be a big deal..

I was hoping you would chime in Dan, Thanks!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    The only reason I upgraded is I can't get audio out of a 3D blu-ray unless I put it in multi-channel mode, I need something with 3D pass-thru..

WOW you still do the 3D thing, Do new TV's still come with this feature?

Your new pup looks like he thinking that box would make a nice bungalow :D

• Toolfan66
    Options
    I do, we like it a lot.. That pup is a ball of energy, bite, chew, bite, chew.. LOL..