Oppo UDP-203 4K UHD Blueray player

Options
13»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    I do Integra So I'm not completely up to date with Onkyo.
    Is the Onkyo SC5509 the current Model? Reason I ask is Last Years Integra only had 1 4k input which I was pulling my hair out trying to figure a similar issue that you had with the 5509. I ended up replacing it with a new model and now all the HDMI inputs are 4k.
    I'm thinking this is your issue. I'd read the manual and learn which input is 4k, this will probably solve your HDMI issue.

@mantis
    The PR-SC5509 was replaced by the PR-SC5530 which was replaced by the PR-RZ5100 that just came out this year and is the current model and is actually a hundred bucks less than the previous two :o
    so it's 2 models back, thats the issue with it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    ria33qr3io86.jpg
    0v42kxwrh2io.jpg

As you can see the Onkyo and Integra units are one and the same. They just put a couple of features on one that they did not on the other is all.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    any idea if it still does HDCD?
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    The manual does not list HDCD decoding, but I have not personally confirmed if it does or does not. Possible workaround if it doesn't decode is to run coaxial out to a receiver if it decodes HDCD. My hunch is if the manual no longer lists it and they switched to a new AKM DAC the HDCD decoding is no longer built in. If course it will still play the CD fine either way.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »

Agreed, almost makes me want to go out and buy a 4K television... but I don't like
    that the apps are missing, I love using my 103 to stream Netflix.

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • BlueFox
    Options
    You could use both. New TVs have multiple HDMI inputs, and the 203 has an HDMI Input. You deserve it. Go buy the TV and 203. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm waiting patiently for the 205 and Sonys offering both due out this spring just picked up my 3rd UHD disc today The Magnificent 7. I can watch the blu Ray but not the UHD until spring. Glad your enjoying the 4k goodness.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Encountered my first firmware bug last night. While watching Lucy in 4K the dialogue would skip and/or stutter. On another forum it was mentioned Oppo is aware of it, and is working on a patch. As a bug, it is mostly a small annoyance, but still it will be nice to get the fix.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    They're using an AKM DAC this time around, never heard of them.

AKM is used in the Logitech Transporter and was used in B&K gear. Bryston uses two of them in their DAC.
    It is hands down one of the best sounding DACs in my book.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Another firmware bug popped up today. I am watching a Netflix DVD rental, H e l l or High Water, and a message pops up saying this DVD does not meet something, and the audio is being disabled. LOL. I press OK, and it continues to work, but then the message reappears. Power cycle it, and now it is fine.

Incidentally, this regular DVD looks fantastic, and the movie is interesting also.

Three 20 amp circuits.