Are Yamaha mx1000 amps common ground ?

Options
I

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    According to the amp's schematic speaker connections "A" and "C" are common ground, but speaker connection "B" is in series with speaker connections "A" so I wouldn't connect but one pair of SDA speakers to either "A" or "C" and nothing to "B".
  • bassfann
    bassfann Posts: 151
    Options
    According to the amp's schematic speaker connections "A" and "C" are common ground, but speaker connection "B" is in series with speaker connections "A" so I wouldn't connect but one pair of SDA speakers to either "A" or "C" and nothing to "B".
    I have another question. The amps come with 2 wire power cords,i want to convert to iec. Do i just hoog the ground to the chassis,or dont use it ?
  • bassfann
    Options
    I got them with cut cords,and no binding posts. Previous owner didnt finish mods. Is the common ground on the board,or connected on posts ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I believe you can find two conductor IEC sockets and cables, but if you want a three conductor connector some designers place a small value capacitor such as 0.47uF in series with the connection to ground. It looks like the wire that goes to the mains switch (SW301) and the fuses is the line/live connection.
    The schematic shows the speaker "A"and "C" being grounded at the power supply, where filter caps C531 connects to C538.
  • bassfann
    Options
    I believe you can find two conductor IEC sockets and cables, but if you want a three conductor connector some designers place a small value capacitor such as 0.47uF in series with the connection to ground. It looks like the wire that goes to the mains switch (SW301) and the fuses is the line/live connection.
    The schematic shows the speaker "A"and "C" being grounded at the power supply, where filter caps C531 connects to C538.
    Thank you. I want to bi-amp my 2.3's. I now need a dreadnaught to do so.