Mayday Mayday!!!!

Options
All seriousness aside I believe one of my channel went out on my B&k 7250 (bummer). The other night I notice a slight deviation in sound from my center channel but I just thought it was due to the cable channel I was watching. This morning I go to turn on some music and notice no sound coming out at all from the center channel. I already did the home diagnosing of switching rca, speaker wires, speakers. What I came to find or what I think I found.

No sound is present no matter what combination I try on the center channel.

I plug the center into any other channel and there is sound but it's muffled.

My conclusion. My center speaker probably had a short somewhere that shorted the amp? I have my fingers crossed that it'll be as easy as just switching out a fuse.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.

Comments

• dalylaleahthor
    Options
    Issue resolved. Blown fuse! Now onto what I believe caused the short in the first place my center?!?!?! Going to open it up and see what's going on in there. More to come.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

• dalylaleahthor
    Options
    I took my csia6 apart and found some coins, minature toys and a hair pin (my youngest likes to hide stuff). After cleaning them out and making sure all the connection was right everything work like a charm again.

Back to the fuse. On my inspection it looked normal and no sign of it being blown. I switched it out for a working fuse and it worked so I took a 2 hour drive to pick up the fuse from the closest Radio Shack. I bought 2 packs just in case the other decided to quit on me also.

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Two hour drive for a fuse. People think I live in the middle of nowhere. For future reference parts express is a site you should check out.
  • dalylaleahthor
    Options
    Yea 2 hour drive is nothing to me. I've driven cross country many times so it make it seem like a 30 min drive for me.

• dalylaleahthor
    Options
    I'm kind of anal when it comes to my electronics. When it breaks its going to get fix and it needs to be fix now.