Sunfire Cinema Grand 200x5

Options
This is a pretty well regarded piece and I think I'm letting it go at a great price. Unit is in great shape cosmetically and I've never had an issue with it. Runs cool. I'll try to post a few pics, but any blemishes are minor and may not show up in a picture. Includes the glass plate to set it on and the original box (though I am not the original owner). $700 to your door CONUS.
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    Options
    Oh my my..... Conus....this would probably make my 703 sing better than my rotel
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    That's the spirit! Paul is one of the best Polkies we have. Buy with confidence.

I am pretty sure willow is indicating that he is not CONUS...

But I agree, Paul rocks!

GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Great price on a great amp! Someone should jump on this ASAP. GLWTS.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    Options
    Trust me if I was conus I'd be all over this.
  • oldmodman
    Options
    Does this amp have a year of manufacture label on it? Very interested. Can't wait to look at the photos you will be posting. Great price!
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    Options
    2a15bc3k3tv3.jpg
    x1dzkcqcwhgb.jpg
    6b4drr7x6ntf.jpg
    8it3o4v4rbcu.jpg

No year of manufacture date that I notice.

I might be able to be talked into shipping to Canada for a long standing Hoser :p Probably shouldn't let one bad experience keep me from shipping to our friends to the north. I'd like to give it a week to sell in the states first though.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Trust me if I was conus I'd be all over this.

Trade you for Beiber...deal?
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    I am pretty sure the first digits of the serial number on back give the year of manufacture .ie 97...............
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    ptrooper wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the first digits of the serial number on back give the year of manufacture .ie 97...............
    Thank you sir. 97 it is.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Maybe I'm just showing my age,but what does CONUS stand for?
    Excellent amp btw. I have the signature series version.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Continental United States
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Continental United States or
    Contiguous United States
  • jumpindick
    Options
    I have the exact same amp and love it. GLWS
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I'm thinking Sunrise and B&W might be a sweet match.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Bump.
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 718
    Options
    SHOCKED...this amp is still here 4 SALE!!! Gents, this amp his bi-wire capability if you desire it... Paul are you looking for a cash only deal or cash plus trade? Pm me if you are looking to trade plus cash...

Thanks
    Juan
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    Have this same amp and the 7 channel. Love them but prolly selling soon as well
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    $700 to your door. That's a great price on this amp.
  • peck555
    Options
    That is an awesome price
  • GFOviedo
    GFOviedo Posts: 352
    Options
    That's an awesome price! Anyone want to buy my LPA-1 so I can afford this one?
    AVR: DENON X4000
    FRONT L/R: ARX A3RX-C
    CENTER: ARX A2RX-C
    SURROUND L/R: ARX A3
    SUBWOOFER: PSA-XV15

SERVER: UNRAID 15TB
    MEDIA PLAYERS: DUNE SMART SERIES D1
    HDTV: VIZIO M601D-A3R
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    If, for some insane reason, this is still around come bonus time in February, I'll take it then. GLWTS.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • snbeall
    Options
    I used to have this back in the day, pre-divorce. :/ It was a very nice piece. I used it with 2 pairs of Bohlender-Grabener 520dx in a 4.2 configuration. Interesting that it is still desirable and has held its price. Is it still available? Are what appear to be scuffs on the front panel permanent or will they wipe off? This is the 19 in wide version correct?
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Yes, 19" wide version.

I've got it boxed up and ready to go, but any scuffs are very minor. I'll try to find time today to unbox it and wipe it down to see if any scuffs remain.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Man, I know it's Christmas time and all, but 7 bones for a 5 channel Sunfire amp...you guys are slackers.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    So, it was manufactured in 1997? Is Sunfire still in business?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    I've been too busy/uninterested/lazy to pull this out of the box, but I know it's in great shape especially considering it's age.

One of my favorite things about this amp is the fact that it runs cool as a cucumber.

Still $700 to your door CONUS and it won't go lower.

• quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    Where are you located? Everything works on?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    Options
    He's in TX somewhere near Skip and the others
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • PSOVLSK
    Options
    Everything works great. I downgraded to a lower end Parasound for a couple of reasons. 1) I got a great deal on the amp 2) I've bought several new goodies and I need to recoup some funds. The Parasound isn't as good as the Sunfire, but it's good enough for me right now.

I'm not selling it as such, but I think the previous owner had it re-capped. I've owned it for about 3 years.

I'm about 30 minutes west of Ft. Worth, Texas.