Soundbar 3000 sub randomly rumbles continuously and must be turned off

Options
zaxusername
zaxusername Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hi.

I've had this unit for about 2 years and over the last year or so the sub will do a loud and constant rumble that only stops when I turn it off/unplug it or when I change the channel to a different channel.

If I unplug it and wait a few minutes it doesn't stop it. It must be unplugged/turned off for a while to be normal again. Usually I'll unplug it and forget about it, so I am not sure exactly how long.

switching channels fixes it, but its a pain in the **** to get up and turn all the switches.

Anyone have any idea how I can resolve this? It drives me crazy and I am pretty sure I am way past any warranties with the unit. I'd prefer not to toss it.

thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Polk's subwoofers come with a 3 year warranty on the bass amplifier and a 5 year warranty on the woofer. Do you live in the U.S. or another country?
    Regards, Ken
  • zaxusername
    Options
    I live in Canada. What do you think the problem is? The unit works 98% of the time.. it just randomly stops working and needs to be unplugged for a bit...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm not sure what could be the cause, those are unusual symptoms especially being effected by changing channels. One thing to try is to, as a test, turn off any wireless devices that are close to where your audio system is. I know that routers can cause interference with the subwoofer/soundbar link.
    If this doesn't make any changes then my recommendation would be to contact Walter Moser, Polk's Canadian manager. You can reach him either via email to: Walter.Moser@soundunited.com or via telephone at: 1-877-660-6601. I'm sure he can be of help.
  • raineyn
    Options
    Zaxusername,
    Did you get an answer? My Polk did exactly the same thing and now it has stopped working altogether.