Garage sale stuff

Options
During breakfast this morning, the wife was on her I-pad, see's a garage sale that said vintage gear. I had to run to town anyway so thought what the heck and stopped at the sale.

Brought home a set of B&W DM4's. Not tested/needs cleaned.
Yamaha CR 840. Works/needs cleaned.
Yamaha YP 84. Works/needs cleaned.
Yamaha K 850. Works needs cleaned.
Pioneer CT M6R. Works needs cleaned.
Manuals on all the Yamaha's

No manual on the B&W's. Not much info online on these.

Didn't want the Pioneer but as I was loading up the stuff a lady came carrying the pioneer and said her Grandma said just take it.

As I was there, one of the ladies helping with the sale said she had some old stereo stuff that her husband got oversea's and gave me her number. Will be calling her this evening.

Some pics later, now starts the cleaning process.. :(

Comments

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Lol.... You gear hoarder!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »
    During breakfast this morning, the wife was on her I-pad, see's a garage sale that said vintage gear. I had to run to town anyway so thought what the heck and stopped at the sale.

Brought home a set of B&W DM4's. Not tested/needs cleaned.
    Yamaha CR 840. Works/needs cleaned.
    Yamaha YP 84. Works/needs cleaned.
    Yamaha K 850. Works needs cleaned.
    Pioneer CT M6R. Works needs cleaned.
    Manuals on all the Yamaha's

No manual on the B&W's. Not much info online on these.

Didn't want the Pioneer but as I was loading up the stuff a lady came carrying the pioneer and said her Grandma said just take it.

As I was there, one of the ladies helping with the sale said she had some old stereo stuff that her husband got oversea's and gave me her number. Will be calling her this evening.

Some pics later, now starts the cleaning process.. :(

No, pics first!! :#
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Also got these.

689l5gtkakjt.jpg

r060k3jd00xw.jpg

Not sure why a manual for a TC-520 was in the pack.

Also have a manual for that Pioneer CT-M6R.

• oldrocker
    Options
    Oops.. YP-B4 TT Wrong glasses... :o

• EndersShadow
    Options
    That 840 is NICE. I have the 820 but it needs work. :disappointed: Lights don't work and one channel is blown at least.
    It's my dad's so I gotta get it working eventually as it's got sentimental value
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • oldrocker
    Options

Actually, my plan for the day was to go to a glass shop to have them cut the glass for my SL 1401 new cover and some others piddley stuff I need to finish it.

I blame the wife for telling me about some goofey garage sale..

Cleaning time....Grrr
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Ps we need to get you a better camera lol
  • oldrocker
    Options
    Yea, I got a cannon rebel, just never got around to figuring it out because I keep
    buying this stuff....NO MORE!!

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Liar lol
  • oldrocker
    Options
    Dusted, 1st deoxit.
    2 lights out.
    A few inside...on that crappy camera.. :o

x5poxupnu4zj.jpg

danbjg7hpzyw.jpg

lmqdiu9p9cwh.jpg

xn74yvi1y2n9.jpg

One more deox, cover back on, move to something else.

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Nice score! I never see any vintage Yamaha gear around here? Mostly pioneer and kenwood. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • oldrocker
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think I have some bulbs that should work for this.
    At least the meter lights anyway. PM me if interested.
    That 840 is NICE. I have the 820 but it needs work. :disappointed: Lights don't work and one channel is blown at least.
    It's my dad's so I gotta get it working eventually as it's got sentimental value

• starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    ooo, those DM4's are nice!!!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    I think I have some bulbs that should work for this.
    At least the meter lights anyway. PM me if interested.

I will let you know. Realized it's the R-300 not a CR-820. Not sure why I keep getting those mixed up lol.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    "ooo, those DM4's are nice!!!"
    I was thinking the same thing.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    "ooo, those DM4's are nice!!!"
    I was thinking the same thing.

Kerry is good people. ;)
  • footwedge
    Options
    oldrocker wrote: »

I blame the wife for telling me about some goofey garage sale..

Cleaning time....Grrr

There's always someone to blame.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Holy! Is that a Pioneer tape changer?!?!?!

If you don't want that I'll take it off your hands.

PM me if you're interested in unloading it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • oldrocker
    Options
    They sound much better now that I have them on stands and about 10ft apart.
    I did finally get a manual on them.