Sound bar 2000 impossible to operate

Options
It happened a few days ago. It turned off and when trying to turn on by me, It started to intermitently flash the red and blue power lights along with blue learn and blue source.
Do you have aby advice or hint on what is happening? or what could be the cause or what to do?
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Try unplugging the soundbar's AC power cord from your wall outlet, leave it unplugged for at least 30 seconds, re-plug the power cord back in and see if it now works.
    If not telephone Polk's CS department tomorrow at 1-800-377-7655 select option 1. Have the unit's serial number and date of purchase handy when you call.
    Regards, Ken
  • olopeze
    olopeze Posts: 3
    Options
    Sorry but I have done it several times with no result. I measuered the AC adaptor and it has 20 v. as expected.
    I suspect at the beginning of false contact at the plug because of humidity, cleaned the plug, but no result. I tried to reset by holding down the learn button, but no results either.
    Is there anything that could be done instead of sending the unit? like sending me the part. I could replace a board.
    Best regards. Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The best person to contact would be Kim Jasper at 1-800-377-7655 extension 5208 on Monday, he'll do what he can to help.
  • olopeze
    olopeze Posts: 3
    Options
    As I mentined yesterday my residence is outside USA, so I decided to take action on this.
    I disassembled the unit entirely and as expected there is no more than a board and one conector coming from the front switches and two more small conectors going to the speakers.
    So there is no guessing on whats wrong, the one and only board is broken, failed completely .
    I wonder if there is a way on getting that board, ship it to Miami, I have a PO Box there and charge me the board cost.
    I see this as the only way to repair the unit, so please tell me what is the procedure on these cases.
    Best Regards.

Oscar Lopez
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hello Oscar,
    I don't think I see where you mentioned you live outside of the U.S., sorry. You're still going to want to contact Polk's CS manager, Kim Jasper. His email address is: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com and he should be able to send you the circuit board.
    Regards, Ken
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Aaaand Bruce is drinking again.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    uh you can smell it huh?