DSW Pro 600 have trouble working

Options
The light on the back is flashing. If I turned off and turned it on again, I can hear that it works for, like, two seconds then it shots off. The blue light on the front is turned off. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    More than likely the amp is bad. Call Polk tomorrow to see about getting it fixed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• 2Charlie
    2Charlie Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the immediate response. Is that something I can order from Polk only or can I order from other places too? And, can I replace it myself? Is there any video tutorial online?
  • 2Charlie
    Options
    You're referring to the amp inside the sub-woofer, correct? Is it expensive to replace?
  • F1nut
    Options
    You can only get it from Polk. I have no idea what it costs. If it's still under warranty and you have the receipt Polk will cover the part.

If you can turn a screwdriver, disconnect and reconnect wires, then yes you can do it yourself.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• 2Charlie
    Options
    Awesome, thank you! I just emailed Polk.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2016
    Options
    CALL THEM

President of Club Polk

• 2Charlie
    Options
    It seemed like they have a very poor customer service. I emailed them and not response. I tried to call this number 1-800-377-POLK (7655) Option 1 from their contact-us page, http://www.polkaudio.com/contact-us, and I got the busy signal. That left me a bad impression of their service. I tried to call twice.
  • 2Charlie
    Options
    Okay, I just got through and the part the number is de6635-a but it's going to cost like $300. That's quite expensive. And they don't sell the part online either. If it's a $300 and poor customer service, I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with Polk Audio. I'm thinking of just purchasing a whole different brand.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you're having a problem with the subwoofer. I've sent a link for this thread to Kim Jasper Polk's CS manager. I'm not sure what he can offer, but he'll take everything into consideration.
    Regards, Ken
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I heard back from Kim and he recommends removing the bass amplifier from the subwoofer and send it to their service center for repair. You would want to carefully wrap the amplifier in bubble wrap and place it in a sturdy box and include a short note giving them your name, address, daytime telephone number and email address and description of the problem. If you have it send along a copy of your sales receipt. The address is: Polk Audio Service, 1 Viper Way, Vista, CA. 92081.
    If you've not removed the amplifier before let me know and I can provide step-by-step instruction.
    Regards, Ken
  • 2Charlie
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you, Ken.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No problem, glad to be of help.