Parasound P-5 preamplifer for sale

Options
Up for sale is a 4 month old p-5, it will include everything that it came with plus a wire world power cable and a digital optical cable. Thanks for looking, the price is 650.00 plus shipping and pay pal. Bob.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Color may help
    GLWTS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    This looks familiar.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I will shoot you in the leg Bob. :p;)
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    Options
    Put me in line.
  • Realistic
    Realistic Posts: 355
    Options
    Silver, and it should I posted it and got cold feet. I just really miss the old receivers that I sold to buy the p5, the way they light up the room at night, the way they look and even the way they sound. I know you guys are thinking man this guy is a idiot but I use to get excited after work knowing I was going home and firing up the old receiver, it made me happy and really relaxed me. I don't get those cool feelings with the p5, well I hope I can still hang out with you guys I really like it here I am just a older guy who likes old stereo gear. Bob.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Man Russ come on over I will take one in the leg to meet ya, you always get me laughing even when I am stressing out over this stuff.
  • Realistic
    Options
    I notified the others that were interested and have not heard anything back, so your first footwedge. I gave my word to those guys and had to keep it. Bob.
  • footwedge
    Options
    I will take it. Pm me your payment info.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Good score Foot.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Realistic
    Options
    footwedge is the new owner pending payment. Thanks, Bob.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Super price, especially with the cables. I just bought one, and would have bought this one too for the second system. It's THAT good.
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Options
    Just in case it doesn't work out with footwedge...I will buy it.
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Is this sold?

• Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    Just replied to your PM.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    Guess I need to check this site 24/7 to get a deal like this...sigh...
  • footwedge
    Options
    Is this sold?

Purchase is in progress.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Wow one man's loss is another man's gain another hella deal here at Club Polk, get that deal closed Footwedge!!!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Realistic
    Options
    Yes it is sold to footwedge I just have to give him the total amount with shipping and insurance. Yes he did get a GREAT deal I paid 1045.00 for it 4 months ago, I had no idea what it was worth used, I wanted to pay off the balance left on my card from it and this will cover it, I am happy about that part and I hope footwedge will be happy with it or by the sounds of things he could resell and make a nice profit. Bob.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    That's a mighty fine deal you offered us, @Realistic . What a fella'.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • footwedge
    Options
    It won't be going anywhere except in my rack.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    footwedge wrote: »

Are you replacing the AVR or is this a second system?

• Realistic
    Options
    Well thanks nightfall I am thinking most here think I am a idiot for doing so and going back to the vintage stuff but it makes me happy, there was no good feeling for me with the music and the p5.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    I don't think anybody thinks you're an idiot. I'm sitting on a vintage Yamaha integrated that I have big plans for. Full recap, replacing all the female RCA jacks, replacing the chinsy binding posts, replacing the power cord with an IEC socket... I look forward to hearing it again afterwards. We can both be idiots.

5tSPg6r.jpg

• Realistic
    Options
    Very nice Yamaha.
  • footwedge
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

Going to try the HT bypass in my current system or move it to my in progress 2 channel setup.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Realistic wrote: »
    Yes it is sold to footwedge I just have to give him the total amount with shipping and insurance. Yes he did get a GREAT deal I paid 1045.00 for it 4 months ago, I had no idea what it was worth used, I wanted to pay off the balance left on my card from it and this will cover it, I am happy about that part and I hope footwedge will be happy with it or by the sounds of things he could resell and make a nice profit. Bob.

Your a good man, I seriously doubt that he would sell to make a profit he got a good deal from you and I'm pretty sure it stays in the family, plus he would get a lot of grief from fellow members if he did. I bet it's going to a good home.

I to enjoy vintage equipment and have a lot of it, that I could never part with so enjoy the tunes Bob, and it's good to know that after that good hard day, you got some good music and some vintage gear to listen to it on.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options

Going to try the HT bypass in my current system or move it to my in progress 2 channel setup.

Yaeh, but it's silver.
  • footwedge
    edited May 2016
    Options
    chumlie wrote: »

Yaeh, but it's silver.

Did not realize this ;). Is there a rule on having all the same color gear? Never mind , I will bet a lot of $ your answer is yes :) Anyway, I'm not prejudice.
  • Realistic
    Options
    Thanks gudnoyze, this is the best route for me. I now know the sound difference between vintage and new and although it was a costly learning experience I am now better educated and can now save up some cash to replace the vintage I sold.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,462
    Options
    Realistic wrote: »
    Silver, and it should I posted it and got cold feet. I just really miss the old receivers that I sold to buy the p5, the way they light up the room at night, the way they look and even the way they sound. I know you guys are thinking man this guy is a idiot but I use to get excited after work knowing I was going home and firing up the old receiver, it made me happy and really relaxed me. I don't get those cool feelings with the p5, well I hope I can still hang out with you guys I really like it here I am just a older guy who likes old stereo gear. Bob.
    Hey man, no need to justify to us - sounds like you got the important part down just fine. It is, or should be, about the listening experience, and about what pleases you most. I get where you're coming from with your enjoyment of the vintage gear presentation - I, too, love the way a nicely put together receiver lights up a room in low light. I really does add to the experience. Sometimes, I even turn on an old receiver that's not connected to anything just for that visual presence :)
    I disabled signatures.