WTB: 1981 Polk Mini Monitors prior to 5jr

I am looking for a pair of Polk mini monitors in good condition with all original drivers and grills just like these. I just missed a pair on eBay. Thanks.yk8663tb0uog.jpg
gq2cltieji52.jpg
wgbi77wuozvu.jpg

Comments

• Still looking for a pair of these.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,630
    Can I ask why? From what I have read the 5jr and 5 are the better speaker, so unless you are just collecting vintage Polk Speakers I don’t see why one would want them, plus the hassle of refoming if needed, I also find them fugly..

Just my .02 and curious why one would want them..
  • VSAT88VSAT88 Posts: 578
    Lol, I thought they were photoshopped !!
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,452
    I think they're freaking cool. Majorly lacking in bass, probably, but those tiny PRs are too neat.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,441
    They are a fun speaker to listen to. Darn near what is called computer monitors these days
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 17,623
    lightman1 wrote: »
    They are a fun speaker to listen to. Darn near what is called computer monitors these days
    They were meant for the killer app of their day -- installation in the shag carpeted nether regions of a Chevy van*! :)

They weren't bad at all -- easily on par with the other minispeakers of their day
    (Visonik Davids, ads L200/L300) and arguably, maybe, even a little better sounding.
    (I wasn't quite objective vis-a-vis Polk products in those days).

I'd love to find a pair, ideally the original version with the trapezoidal, "stage-monitor" shaped enclosures!

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,317
    Like these?
    qucuv90bnuy5.jpg