WTB: 1981 Polk Mini Monitors prior to 5jr

I am looking for a pair of Polk mini monitors in good condition with all original drivers and grills just like these. I just missed a pair on eBay. Thanks.yk8663tb0uog.jpg
gq2cltieji52.jpg
wgbi77wuozvu.jpg

Comments

• Still looking for a pair of these.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,474
    Can I ask why? From what I have read the 5jr and 5 are the better speaker, so unless you are just collecting vintage Polk Speakers I don’t see why one would want them, plus the hassle of refoming if needed, I also find them fugly..

Just my .02 and curious why one would want them..
    Even if the whole world knows
    I don't give a damn about what they think
    I don't have to stand up to your gun
    I don't have to sit down when you say
    Tell me I'm overboard
    The truth is you just want to see me sink
    If there's any room left on that ship
    You don't have to save any room for me
    Cause I've got my own boat (even when it rains)
    I'm doing my own thing (even when it rains)
    And I will stay afloat - even when it rains
    Cause I've got my own boat
    Row, row your boat
    Row, row your boat
    Row your boat
  • VSAT88VSAT88 Posts: 537
    Lol, I thought they were photoshopped !!
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,132
    I think they're freaking cool. Majorly lacking in bass, probably, but those tiny PRs are too neat.
    | Front - Dynaudio Emit M20 | Center - N/A | Rear - Polk Monitor 4 | Sub - N/A |
    | AVR - Yamaha Aventage RX-A1020 | Preamp - Dared MC-7P | Amp - B&K Reference 4420 |
    | Turntable - Yamaha PX-3 | Cartridge - Dynavector DV-20X2H | Digital Source - AURALiC Aries Mini |
    | TV - LG 60" 4K | Gaming - Xbox One - PS3 - New 3DS XL - Nvidia Shield TV |

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality
    Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal
    All this pain is an illusion
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,818
    They are a fun speaker to listen to. Darn near what is called computer monitors these days
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,626
    lightman1 wrote: »
    They are a fun speaker to listen to. Darn near what is called computer monitors these days
    They were meant for the killer app of their day -- installation in the shag carpeted nether regions of a Chevy van*! :)

They weren't bad at all -- easily on par with the other minispeakers of their day
    (Visonik Davids, ads L200/L300) and arguably, maybe, even a little better sounding.
    (I wasn't quite objective vis-a-vis Polk products in those days).

I'd love to find a pair, ideally the original version with the trapezoidal, "stage-monitor" shaped enclosures!

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 1,100
    Like these?
    qucuv90bnuy5.jpg