Inexpensive IC's

Options
2»

Comments

• seabeerob213
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome cables
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • leftwinger57
    Options
    I also bought BJC at 1mt. I forgot how much they were but if I could afford it so can you. I originally went w/ Frank's Signal Cable and either because of a defect or my heavy handness an end fell off in my hand. It was way to late to complain so I went the Blue Jean route. I will say their ends are large and are compression fit w/ no heat shrink sleeve. I think they were $31.50 +shipping. The top pair in the paste.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Great inexpensive cables here. http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-AUDIORCA6-Premium-Stereo-Audio/dp/B00027BVKE

Don't judge this one based on price. It's a simple flexible directionally shielded cable, that sounds fantastic. I actually prefer it now to my lc1's. Gonna be ordering more :)
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Speedskater
    Speedskater Posts: 495
    edited December 2015
    Options
    A non-directional coax is a better plan.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,515
    Options
    How so? Does that mean the shielding is terminated on both ends?
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    Options
    A non-directional coax is a better plan.

Not necessarily, too many variables to make that call. I wouldn't shy away from either design. It's the sound that matters, and how nice it plays with your associated gear.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • helipilotdoug
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    How so? Does that mean the shielding is terminated on both ends?

With coax the shield has to be connected on both ends. The shield on coax is the negative conductor.

Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,515
    Options
    Ohhh, coax. Duh, I was thinking IC. What is the reason again for terminating IC shielding on one side only?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Speedskater
    Options
    It's an idea borrowed from balanced interconnects. Under some circumstances the shield is only connected at the send end (with maybe a hybrid connection at the receive end).

Now in short (less than 3 meter/10foot) RCA unbalanced interconnects it won't matter. But in long interconnects a good coax may have up to 20 dB less background noise.