Enable carp storm, fire on my command!

Options
You know I was thinking about how to phrase a question about cables and IC's but I don't figure I can do it diplomatically (without a bunch of **** arising from it). Please PM me with your suggestions regarding the performance of my system.

Thank you in retreat.
Bruce

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    Options
    Just post the question.....I don't understand anyone being afraid to post an audio question on an audio forum.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    The worse thing that can happen is X shows up....lol.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
    Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jn-UZwtLfH4

You should go ahead and have an Open Invitation, and bait our arch nemesis ol X
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    seems you have a good line up already. What's not to like?
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    I'm telling you man, I wasn't too wowed going from modded lsi15's to 705's. A pair of s1 shot guns woke them right up. They are still transforming as the cables break in.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    My 707's sound muffled compared to the Ushers, what should I do?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    What is your budget? What are you currently using? What gear are you connecting? I see a lot of different stuff in your sig, that's why I ask.

I have used MIT's for years, starting mid-pack and finally graduating to the Shotgun series. One of the single largest improvements I have made to my rig.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Buget? I have no money left but if I could spend a couple of hundred or so to get an idea where improvement can be had I will give it a try. In another thread I indicated that I don't have MIT money for the time being.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I kind of think that the sub drivers are too much for the "703" top half. Is there a way to balance this? There is nothing really bad about it but I guess there is a lack of coherence in some music. wtf do I know???
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I kind of think that the sub drivers are too much for the "703" top half. Is there a way to balance this?
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Hey can I disconnect the jumpers and just run the top half?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

The tweets will work but won't work or help with your issue.
    How far do you have them off the wall, are either of the speakers in a corner?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • afterburnt
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

The tweets will work but won't work or help with your issue.
    How far do you have them off the wall, are either of the speakers in a corner?

Want to disconnect them just to see, not as a solution. Wondered if ti could hurt to run em like that? They are not really in a corner only sort of. Maybe that is the issue because they are both right next to full bookcases and one has a wall/door right behind it.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    Can you take a picture?
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • afterburnt
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I never figured that out. I used to be a tech wiz and now I am pretty lame, very lame when it comes to that stuff. However I never gave it much though because I have no choice on placing the speakers. Description wise: Left and Right are butted up against the bookcases on their respective sides. Behind the left is an open threshold to to dining room (partially blocking said entry). The right side is abuutting a matching bookcase and the doorway is in back of it in between the rack. If nothing else I don't have room for these speakers. I never though about the fact that these are not front or back ported, they are bottom ported so that is 360 degrees.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    You can run tweeter only to see what it's like but power everything down while changing cables, and zero volume. Raise volume slowly and don't over drive.

What receiver/amp are you using? Is it your AVR?

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• afterburnt
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    You can run tweeter only to see what it's like but power everything down while changing cables, and zero volume. Raise volume slowly and don't over drive.

What receiver/amp are you using? Is it your AVR?

Yammaha AVR via A31

maybe these speakers need to be out in the open?
  • txcoastal1
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Adjust the bass on the AVR ;)

Set the AVR at flat

• afterburnt
    Options
    It is at flat. These speakers are just crazy bottoms maybe too much for music
  • afterburnt
    Options
    subs are a waste of money with these speakers for HT
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    pull them out in the room and see what you think

• afterburnt
    Options
    ok I do have some room to pull them forward but maybe not enough cable. this sucks. kindda like stuffing a five pound sack with ten pounds of...uh stuff
  • tonyb
    Options
    In order for us to help you better, list the gear being used, cables, and source material. like cd's, mp3's, lossless files. As already suggested, pulling them away from a back wall would be great or avoid cramming them in a corner.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo A-31Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's cd's and flacs
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Bruce even if it's temporary
    Try to get 3' out at least from back wall and 3' from side walls

• afterburnt
    Options
    Tx I cant even try it, not enough cable
  • tonyb
    Options
    Tx I cant even try it, not enough cable

Get longer cables then....see how easy that is ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I am trying to lol. It will b nice to see how ther sound out in the room but they can't stay there regardless.maybe I will put em on skateboards.
  • tonyb
    Options
    I am trying to lol. It will b nice to see how ther sound out in the room but they can't stay there regardless.maybe I will put em on skateboards.

Well, if they can't stay there, than whats the point ?

Maybe the 707's just aren't your cup of tea ? No shame in that if they aren't.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    It's not fair to the gear (speakers in this case) if you don't/can't set them up properly to perform like they were designed. If you have limited space/placement issues you need to figure out what works best there. It will get very frustrating swapping speakers to find the right fit, unless you enjoy that sort of thing.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!