OK, if you were going to claim Polkfest 2016, you're too slow...Polk Audio claimed it.

We'll get an official thread up later for all the solid info. But Polk misses the community and they want to be back in to it. They want you to come to Polkfests again and they want you to know they have your back.

So we are looking at a weekend long deal. You'll want to be in Baltimore area probably from Thursday night through Sunday. We'll get deals at local hotels for you all and there will be tours, product demos, food schmoozing and so on. But they have new changes that they want to show off. They want to show you a new development center they are working on too. There will be a big party and so on. But Polk Audio knows they lost something so they are going big.

So keep an eye out here and I'll keep stuff posted in the The Clubhouse as well.

You don't want to miss this. This is going to be bigger than when Matt retired.

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/170067/so-polk-o-ween-2015-was-a-bunch-of-fun-but-for-2016#latest
You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,646
    Ahem...

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/169832/polk-and-its-current-direction#latest

B)

Glad they are doing it. I'll be there as long as there is no conflict. Good job John. It sounds like they really are listening to us again and valuing our input.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • JstasJstas Posts: 13,542
    You want a cookie or something?

Lets roll this into one thread John. I'm already confused.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    and no, I don't want a cookie. It's just a reminder for those who were skeptical. Polk has had great change over the last few years, but they are getting back on the rails.
    audiothesis.com/

I have very little info right now and I'm just putting this thread here so that there is notice that the next Polkfest is at Polk HQ and nobody decides to actually "step up" for next year. It's a place holder. When more info becomes available, I will make an official thread and have Ken sticky it. For now, get your horn' tootin' keister over to the thread in the Clubhouse and start talking dates so you don't have any of these "conflicts" you're whining about.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,286
    when-ish?
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

See that link in my post at the top?

Go there and tell us what works best for you.

Then we'll throw dates at Polk and see what works for them.

We go from there.
  • George GrandGeorge Grand Posts: 12,272
    Good work John.
  • Strong BadStrong Bad Posts: 4,153
    Awesome job John! Real convenient that it's at HQ again this year. Just a hop and a skip around the Beltway and i'm there. Looking forward to seeing lots of great people.
    No excuses!
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,056
    Thats great news. Glad to see that Polk is making a commitment to its loyal fan base. Wish they would do something similar for their fan base on the left coast. I cant make it out to their HQ but I'd make it out to Vista, CA no problem. Just a thought. Here's to Polk continuing their current resurrection.

2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, RTA 11T X2, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 263
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Thats great news. Glad to see that Polk is making a commitment to its loyal fan base. Wish they would do something similar for their fan base on the left coast. I cant make it out to their HQ but I'd make it out to Vista, CA no problem. Just a thought. Here's to Polk continuing their current resurrection.

My thoughts exactly. Bi-coastal commitment preferred.

Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; Fronts – Polk R20s ; Center – Polk CS175i ;
    Sub – PSW 350 ; Rear – FXi4s

2 Channel Studio: Plinius 9100 Integrated ; Marantz CD 5004 ; Teac TN 300 and Rega RP1 TTs ; LCRMKIII Phonograph Preamp;
    Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rhythmik F12 SE Sub ; Zu and Audioquest cables

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark. The only thing that makes it look light is the sun."