Welcoming the Polk Boom Swimmer DUO to the Family

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2015 in Speakers
The merger of Boom Movement and Polk has begun. We wanted to announce the launch of the Polk BOOM Swimmer Duo. Get your insider information on our newest product here. Post with any questions you have and we will get back to you soon.

The Polk BOOM Swimmer Duo enters a new stage of evolution, letting you double down on great sound and ultimate portability no matter where adventure leads. Sticking with its original look and rugged features, little may have changed on the outside—but what’s inside tells a new story. The Swimmer Duo now includes stereo pairing, giving you a more robust sound and better sonic range from all of the tunes you love via a Bluetooth connection.

Add a pair of Swimmer Duo’s to your arsenal, easily link them together, and listen to each one as true left and right speakers. Its new built-in mic is speakerphone-ready for those moments when you’re listening to music but want to take incoming calls and keep communication hands-free. Plus, its already awesome flexible tail is now 1-inch longer, giving you endless opportunities to loop, twist, grip and set it however you see fit. And it still comes with a suction cup attachment, so you can stick it to just about any surface for surprisingly better low end response and even more mounting options.

Here are the Swimmer DUOs features:

The Swimmer (2015) is the most adaptable speaker on the market that provides flexibility with sound and telephony in any environment.
  • Waterproof – IPX7
  • Detachable Flexible Tail & Suction Cup
  • Stereo Pair Wirelessly
  • Microphone with Speakerphone
  • Volume and Track Control
  • Updated Color Stories
  • 3 Mono Chromatic (Black, Blue, Orange) & 1 Limited Edition (Green Orange : Outdoor )

t7dsa7kgn9gw.png
    70uo3ui1g9nh.png

nksh6wtcd5je.png

a0rz8hqq7yuu.png

lzxb06dn9dtu.png
    75zue0zgnjnm.png

Comments

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    I'd love to try a pair of these on my bicycle, might be the right speaker I've been looking for. The UE Boom requires a special cage, which puts it at over $200 for a bike speaker, but is very loud. JBL Charge 2 can fit into a cage and boasts a 12 hour battery life WITH reverse charge. The reverse charge is an awesome feature. I'm just concerned that with the way these mount they may wear out over time? Still. if a friends and family deal comes along, I'll be ordering two.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited October 2015
    Options
    How is this charged? USB? Is there a 12v car cigarette lighter attachment? This looks perfect for camping and fishing, is it up to the abuse and dirt? Is there a 1/8" line in port or is it Bluetooth only?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Nightfall The Swimmer Duo and Jr both charge via micro USB. Unscrewing the tail attachment on the Duo revels the charging port and 1/8" input. The Jr tail attachment does not unscrew, so the charging port is covered with a small flap. Both are tested to be waterproof (up to 3 feet), dirt proof and shock resistant.

@codyc1ark The Swimmer is perfect for attaching to a bike. The tail attachment is tested for just that type of situation. It is under warranty for 1 year as well.
  • AlecTobias
    Options
    My speaker suddenly stopped working. I connect it to charge and the light remains red. Any help for additional troubleshooting is appreciated...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    It would be best to call Polk Customer Service.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk