Why do threads get closed with no reason given?

Options
Obviously we know I am talking about the Ebay thread. Was polk waiting for an excuse to close it as some comments could simply have been removed rather than a complete shutdown.

I think the thread was educational and a big wake call to new policys that affect the average seller on ebay and must be brought to light. Did ebay see it and have words with polk? I dont know the answers but rather than removing unsavory comments why just shut the whole thing down? Isnt the job of moderation to simply clean things up rather than censor a serious discussion that affects many financialy.

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    Options
    You didn't discuss one single new policy nor a reference to a single new policy, so stop acting like your some benevolent person trying to save everyone from the bad, bad internet.

Stop using Ebay and Paypal if you don't care for their practices or don't know what you are doing, plain and simple. But then again, noting is ever plain and simple when you seem to be involved.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    Options
    I think if you PM Ken he will explain why it was shut down. You really didn't need to start this thread. I predict this one will be closed too.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    Correct me if Iam wrong but most insults were directed towards me andthe final post that gotit closed was your personally insulting me. The topic was in regards to help people protect themselfs and encourage a revision.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    PFB, I say this with sympathy: you need to grow up. Start seeing the fact that you are the cause of your issues. Do something about it.
  • heiney9
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am sorry you took it as insult. I was trying to logically break down the situation. When people ask you direct questions about the issue, you never bother to answer them. So I was trying to really pin point the main points that needed to be addressed in order to move forward with your issue.

Again, sorry if you took offense.

Nothing more to be said here on this topic or the closed thread.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,097
    Options
    Some people just can't help themselfs.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    I was not being rude, you mentioned before that your a writer and yet you could not make sense of my original post. I responded to correct you in that your assumption of final value fees was not the point Iwas trying to make andmake you understand my point John.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I am half blind, and even I can see why it was shut down.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    Options
    Another member probably asked Ken to close it. Seeing as it was headed into the gutter rather quickly.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • polkfarmboy
    Options
    This has been the only forum I have ever joined and started my audio journey on. I have nothing against anyone here truly I dont but as much as it pains me and will miss everyone here andi mean everyone this is the last post you will ever see me make.

I am disgusted at the way things happened in my ebay thread. If folks can derail anything and get it censored then thats nothing Iwant to be a part off. With that being said Ijust wana say goodbye to everyone to everyone and I will miss you all dearly. If I neverfound this place and the wonderfuly diverse opinionated members I would not be where I am at today in my beloved hobby.

Take care everyone and be nice to one another!
  • heiney9
    Options
    When you come back, please learn how to use the comma.

H9
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    He will be back bank on it....As for the other Brock you know better, so don't hold your breath.

see I used a comma :p
  • heiney9
    edited August 2015
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    He will be back bank on it....As for the other Brock you know better, so don't hold your breath.

Nice!

• tonyb
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Yeah well....take off one "M" and PFB needs to get out of the coma of victimhood and just deal with the issues.

PFB,
    Sorry your thread got closed, but really....we can't help you in those circumstances. You have to take it up with Ebay/paypal.

You may have been just venting your frustrations, and that's cool, but others were also venting theirs at the seemingly constant victim mentality that overrides most your posts.

It would be more refreshing if we could get a review of all that great gear you had rolling through your joint. No offense meant, but I don't think I've known anyone to have as many problems with shipping or Ebay as you do.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,966
    Options
    I still say PFB is a reincarnation of Slowpolky....do your research, folks....
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    I, for one, have found PFB's threads entertaining -- albeit somewhat narcissistic! :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    Options
    This has been the only forum I have ever joined and started my audio journey on. I have nothing against anyone here truly I dont but as much as it pains me and will miss everyone here andi mean everyone this is the last post you will ever see me make.

At least he will miss everyone here. What a fine lad he was.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    No more PFB.......I'm outta here !!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    The front yard of a boy who lives on a farm who may or may not like Polks...

xbb4qu3cm6hf.jpg

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Bad Rick...you can do better...lol

16883d1229460467-nws-hottest-girl-i-have-ever-seen-internet-i-am-considering-adultery-hot-chick.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Well my night is ruined.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Options
    Off to avs in ..... 3.... 2......1
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • tonyb
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Well my night is ruined.

You and everyone else who had the nerve to look.

Could be Bruce Jenner.....in 20 years.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    Options
    Who is Bruce Jenner?
  • tonyb
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Who is Bruce Jenner?

Come up for air once in awhile pal, your buried too deep in tubes these days. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    There are some things you just cant unsee.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    There are some things you just cant unsee.

Yep... Sick!! :'(
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • heiney9
    edited August 2015
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Who is Bruce Jenner?

Come up for air once in awhile pal, your buried too deep in tubes these days. lol

I know a Caitlyn Jenner...............but Bruce is no more....kinda like PFB is no more. lol.

Not that buried in tubes........

H9

• oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    Options
    If a thread included nice photographs of attractive young women and of course, their ****, the thread would likely last forever.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,136
    Options
    I have a real nice aged English cheddar to go with PFB's whine. Too bad he' is on my bozo list...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson