Finally!! Rti10/Csi5

Options
Hey all!
I just wanted to share my early birthday gift. and some of you know from my posts I wanted these or Rti12/A7. Well, I have been "eyeing" some Rti gear in Las Vegas and this past Saturday I told My best friend get your truck..... We are going to Vegas.

A little back story on the gear. first time I spoke with her on the phone, I had asked are you the original? She said yes BUT actually they were my son's he was a A/V tech for Mandalay Bay AND he died in a motorcycle accident almost 4 months ago( she started crying) I felt so bad to say the least. I told her do not worry, they will be very well cared for and appreciated. she had Rti10,Csi5, 4X Rti6 in storage ( were she stored her sons stuff for the meantime).

when we arrived to the storage unit, I could see a lot more gear inside BUT she was not ready to sell those just yet. she said I would be the first to know when she is ready.

So, for a pair of Rti10 and a Csi5 I paid $355. I could have gone lower but she was already gathering herself from the conversion about her son and I felt bad.

Anywho, so far I love them paired with my 1200II and my Fxi3. the Csi5 is DEEP lol. Its a little more girthy than my CS350 LMAO. but sound amazing.

CHEERS!!

h9sbcv0obcy8.jpg

Polk Lsi9
Polk LsiC
Polk Fxi3
Pioneer SC-1222
Parasound 1200 II w/ Kimber Kable HERO + 4TC
SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
PS4
Sharp Aquos 55"

"If your BOLD enough to try it,
your BOLD enough to make it happen"

Comments

• quicksilvergts
    Options
    I did order bottom cover plates. will be getting some metal spikes too. If anybody has recommendations on spikes please let me know.

Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

• jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Looks good. Enjoy!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • docjl
    docjl Posts: 41
    Options
  • docjl
    docjl Posts: 41
    Options
    curious how you heard about these? craigslist?
  • quicksilvergts
    Options
    Thanks!!
    Yes it was Craig list. my town is small so have to drive which sucks. I have seen sweet deal in the Las Vegas/ St. George postings. Lsi15 with Lsic for $275. Lsi9 for $150. The one I wish I got was one for $650, it was 2x Rti9, 2x Rtia7, Csia6,and Fxia4. it did not last long lol

You see them too? I think they were only posted for about 4-5 days before I got them.

Cheers!!
    Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

• quicksilvergts
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Enjoy your new speakers. As long as they dont start playing by themselves in the middle of the night. Not that I'm trying to move in on your future buy, but you mentioned there was other gear she wasn't ready to sell. Can you elaborate?

Lmao. So far, so good. She had closed the unit right when I pulled up as she just brought out
    Rti10,Csi5 and the 2 pairs of Rti6.

I saw some nice furniture and from the sheer glimpse a receiver, amp, rack of some sort.

She said, did not want to open. Hard to deal with mememories, not sure what it sells for.

I really wanted to take a peak and make offers but.... She told me I would be the first to know.
    has my email and #

Cheers!
    Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Nice story QS, good on you for handling that a lot better than many people would have.

In a few months maybe email her some pics of those speakers in your setup, tell her how much you appreciate her selling them to you. She might just open up that storage unit for you after that...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • quicksilvergts
    Options
    Thanks Polrbehr!
    I definitely will send her some pictures.

The Wife and I had movie night a watched
    The Hobbit- Battle of the five armies.
    Even though it was Digital PLUS, we (I LOL) was absolutely amazed in the difference from the RT16/CS350 And how Seamless, detailed dynamic everything was. The echoes in the film were unbelievable heck, even the wife was impressed lol.

Took me over 2 hours yesterday to calibrate the system to get it how I liked it. Multiple locations,
    and I actually had 2 problems
    1- dialing in the reverb, it was a little "off center" on the focusing. It was either more left or to the right.
    2- my Fxi3 were reversed phase for over 10 runs.
    I reset system, checked wiring On both ends including unplug/plugin and even switching the dipole/bipole switch.

now I just need metal carpet spikes,
    Kimber Heros and somebody to sell or even better, trade me a pair of Kimber 8TC Lol. I have a pair at 11' lengths Of 4TC. Then I will start on my sources.

Cheers!!
    Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    This reminds me of one of many "sayings" we have around here....

No replacement for displacement.

Nuthin' like big speakers to bring out those dynamics and make those whispers more easily heard.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Now I just need metal carpet spikes, Kimber Heros and somebody to sell or even better, trade me a pair of Kimber 8TC Lol. I have a pair at 11' lengths Of 4TC.

TBH, I've talked at length with a bunch of folks about Kimber stuff. The ONLY reason I went with 8VS v 4VS is so I could internally bi-wire as Kimber did NOT make jumpers in the VS series. Still dont think they do. I'd save yourself some money and just use what you've got and buy the TC jumpers for it.

If not for internally bi-wiring the 4TC should be fine for providing more than enough power, and you can just get jumpers for your speakers and save a couple bucks. This is assuming your lengths are correct lol. That TC stuff AINT cheap lol....

For Carpet Spikes, I'd suggest the Dayton DSS3's from Parts Express. I had a thread about spikes here and after some discussion when with them. Otherwise there is a company (also in that thread) that makes outriggers that might look REALLY cool with your RTi's...

I've got Hero IC's and TBH after playing with PBJ having somewhat of a hard time hearing the differences. They are there but few and far between. The MAIN difference I've heard is with my Xbox 360 I get a bit of static when playing Halo 4 and looking at different players stats..... Its not too bad, but its there... Otherwise its a toss up.

And of course PBJ is much cheaper by a significant margin.

One of these days I'd like to hear a full RTi setup to compare it to my LSi setup. I haven't ever really heard them on a GOOD system at all. I'd be curious if the dynamics are better than my LSi's. Although then I might be tempted to trade down lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,521
    Options
    That sounds like a great deal. Sad to hear about the son though. I'm sure he enjoyed them.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • quicksilvergts
    Options
    Tony-
    Exactly, I have heard that my whole life being around cars, V8 guy saying (which is true) "No replacement for Displacement". I thought my RT16 were great (they are lol) but these and even the Lsi/Lsim line night and day.

EnderShadows-
    funny thing, the longest time I swore I had 7' but couple weeks ago while I was redoing my cable management because 2 python Pangea AC-9/14SE lol. I was like whoa.... this is much longer than 7'. both runs are 11' 2" (approx.)
    I did make Jumpers, from the cable that I received for my center channel awhile back. as of right now I only have 4 Kimber SBANS and 2 Postmasters, still awaiting more from Russ Andrews. right now I have some local RadioShack spades and nakimichi Bananas to hold me over lol.

Tony mentioned in my other thread about the Heros but I still think I might get a pair of PBJ just to listen as I have not had many cable/IC. Then I might just sell them for funds towards the heros. I can save some coin and try something different and very well might like it possibly.

Thanks on the spike/outrigger info much appreciated. that is exactly what I am looking for.

Joey-
    I thought so, I have been wanting these or the Rtia line for awhile .
    yes it does and I am sure he enjoyed them just as much as I am.

THANKS all!!
    today is my Birthday and I am off with a couple of my buddies to see CHAPPIE.

Cheers!!

Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"