PSW111 Sub Woofer Problems

Options
Hello,

Hoping I can get some help here. I've had a PSW111 for a couple years now, as part of my home entertainment 5.1 surround sound system, hooked up to a Yamaha 7.2 Channel Network Receiver.

Everything has been working fine, but a few months ago the sub started making a pulsing/buzzing noise. At first I thought it was the connection cable, but I unplugged the sub entirely from the receiver and it still makes the noise when it's just plugged in/powered. Doesn't matter if it's in standby, auto or on...any setting, always does it.

Any suggestions? Something blown?

Thanks,

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. In all likelihood there's a problem with the unit's bass amplifier. It would be best to contact Polk's CS department on Monday either via telephone at 1-800-377-7655 or via email to polkcs@polkaudio.com
    It would be helpful to have the sub's serial number and date and place of purchase on hand if you call or provide that information in your email.
    They'll take care of you and get the sub working.
    Regards, Ken
  • zirca
    zirca Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response. Will get on it.
  • ifunlisted
    Options
    Hey Zirca...Ken. Was there ever a specific resolution for this? I'm having the same problem and tried contacting Polk via email but haven't gotten a response. Thanks:)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    ifunlisted wrote: »
    Hey Zirca...Ken. Was there ever a specific resolution for this? I'm having the same problem and tried contacting Polk via email but haven't gotten a response. Thanks:)

Calling them works best. Emails sometimes get lost for some reason...