800VA Dreadnaught

Options
This new project is very similar to my last, but with a few twists. I started with the same prefinished, cast aluminum case, The entire exterior was covered in blue painters tape to guard against overspray, and nicks or chips in the paint. The mounting holes for the Toroid, SpeakONs, and Rubber Feet were drilled and dressed. Three Coats of Aluminum Primer, and Two Tops coats were applied. The Copper foils is a PITA to install, but worth the effort. Dynamat Extreme was then applied to all surfaces. The Toroid was mounted on a 6" diameter piece of 1/2" MDF. The MDF was prepped for installation of Nylon wire ties. The foam cushion supplied with the Toroid was used with the MDF. I installed Dynamat on top of the Toroid before securing the wire ties. This will help mitigate any resonances, and provide a pliable barrier between the wire ties and the windings. The assembly was bolted to the case with #1/4-20 Stainless Flat Head Cap Screw, Stainless Lock Nut, and Stainless Fender Washer. The Black Chrome SpeakON Sockets were also installed with Stainless Machine Screws, Washers and Nuts. No Magnetic/Ferrous Metal is contained in the project.
Brass Spade/Quick Connects were installed, and final connections made. Through-Hole Rubber Feet were put in place. As a last step, Rigid Foam was installed to protect and secure the Toroid During shipping.
u2uah9hyg88g.png
zvoq0r5xj25o.png
bieo1qrb86mn.png
s7om466dq6y1.png
0l8rttue4jmt.png
12alff40gmky.png
ttiqpo5iea08.png
ke3fis0lwxjw.png
huatx3ofkf2f.png
irae75712rny.png
81mzcubstost.png
9b04e8x9j12p.png
berwo24x1ed3.png
zg1b0h5mw0l9.png
9vpipvfafg1l.png
a8e8yafrtu1n.png
odbdtlh40yg8.png
nd8mbopacrjj.png
nf924qgcdsf8.png
8hpl5cxakghe.png
6kgn2by99m47.png
gfb3elwhq59l.png
syi9vsme5jno.png
cvyoyunxyhs6.png
a634euwgvhk8.png
15hba0rvj6ri.png
fzziirez38kv.png
Home Theater/2 Channel:
Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/

Comments