Assistance with car audio setup

DnTexasDnTexas Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Car Audio & Electronics
Upgrading my teenagers car audio system, and need help on amplifier to purchase. Here is what I have component wise:

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT head unit
Two 3.5 in factory speakers in dash
Two Alpine SPS-610C speakers in front doors
Two Alpine SPS-619 speakers in rear deck
Two Alpine SWA-12S4 12" sub woofers in trunk

I want to buy One HERTZ HE 4 (HE4.1) Energy 4-Ch. Car Audio Speaker Amplifier Sub Amp 400W.

I plan to run the two 3.5 in dash speakers and the two Alpine 6 1/4 in door speakers from the Pioneer head unit

I would like to run the two Alpine 6x9 rear deck speakers and the two Alpine subwoofers (bridged) from the 4 channel Hertz amplifier, but I am concerned that bridging the 4 ohm amps out of the 4ohm amplifier channel is a problem.

I have not purchased the Hertz amp, so I am not tied to it, but would like to keep the build above and use just a single amp if possible. Any feedback would be great.
Post edited by DnTexas on

Comments

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,756
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, 4 channels amps in particular do NOT like having anything less than a 4 ohm load on a bridged output unless it's a very high end amplifier. I'll be honest here, you'd be quite surprised at the bass output from a single SWA-12S4 in a correct enclosure. I ran an older base model E series 12 incher in a sealed box and fed it 200 watts in a four door sedan and it managed to rattle loose the rear view mirror and provided quite nice bass extension.

Ideally, I'd run the 3.5s off the deck, the other four off a four channel and if you really want to do dual subs, get a 2 channel amp or mono amp that's stable down to 2 Ohm, the Alpine MRP-M500 comes to mind and wire them in parallel to said 2 channel amp, it'll be reliable and pound like no one's business.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • DnTexasDnTexas Posts: 2
    edited August 2014
    nbrowser, thanks for the guidance. I will look into the Alpine amp you suggested.
  • Need help with amp&10 sub combo in box. Keeps shutting off when trying to fade evenly on factory deck. Sound comes out and bass. But when trying to use fade on factory deck to use back door speakers it shuts off.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 574
    What's your signal source to the amp? What HU do you have?