PSW505 sub not working

Options
Kearnai23
Kearnai23 Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Troubleshooting
I bought my PSW505 about 4 months ago. Used it twice, and now there's no sound coming out when hooked up. I've read previous posts to take off the amp and check to see if the speaker wires inside are loose, but I don't see a way to get to the cord hooked up to the speaker, obviously. The red wire is a little loose on amp but still contacting. The green light on amp is on when a signal is reading but again there is no sound coming out. Can someone please guide me with how to fix this issue?? Thank you
Post edited by Kearnai23 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum, I'm sorry there's a problem. Let's check to make sure the sub is the cause. First turn the sub's volume all the way down and remove the sub-cable that you have connected to it. Then bring your DVD player (or CD player) over to where the sub is located. Plug the DVD player into your AC and run a good quality cable from either the right or left audio output of the player to either the right or left line level input on the sub. Then begin playing a CD and slowly turn up the volume on the sub. There should be plenty of bass at a very moderate setting of the volume control.
    Let us know what you find.
    Regards, Ken
  • Kearnai23
    Kearnai23 Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Tried ur suggestion. Light turns green on sub when connected, but no sound coming from sub.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello,
    In all likelihood the problem is with the woofer itself. It would be best to telephone Polk CS first thing on Tuesday (sorry this is the beginning of a three-day weekend) at 1-800-377-7655 and have the unit's serial number and place and date of purchase handy. They'll get you straightened out promptly and easily.
    Sorry for the delay.
    Regards, Ken
  • MarkMosier
    Options
    Is it possible to purchase a power unit for a Polk PSW404? Mine does not power on any longer when plugged in. I hate to trash the entire unit if it is fixable.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I would recommend sending an email to: Gil.Palmer@soundunited.com and ask what's available. He's in charge of Polk's service department.
    Cheers, Ken