Polk SRT System or Components

Options
villian
villian Posts: 412
edited May 2014 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Looking for an SRT System or any of the individual components..Mostly an SRT Center Channel and the Powered Woofers.
Too many good quotes to list..waiting for some fresh ammo. :)

Comments

• villian
    Options
    Thanks DSkip. I think those are the ones I saw on Ebay just awhile back. I'll have to contact the owner and find out!
  • villian
    Options
    Oh no, I know which ones you're talking about from Austin.. They were originally owned by another member on here and have been for sale for awhile since. But just a few weeks ago there was a short lived posting on eBay from Dallas for an srt system. It disappeared and then this Craigslist ad appeared, so I'm guessing it's the same one. I'll post a link if I find it.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/165101/srt-center-speaker#latest

Right here in the FM, unless it sold already but I didn't see it marked as such.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • villian
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    I'd bid on it but I just scored my 2nd SRT (glad I have that 2nd control center).
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    I get a kick out of the ads some people have on eBay. Here's a set of used speakers that the guy is asking $3,000 for and the pictures he is using look like crap. He's either clueless or is hiding something. I wouldn't bid a cent on these without some decent pictures.
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    He also has no feedback. Good sign that something might be amiss.
  • chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I emailed this person, to see why he was asking 3grand for it... He never responded!
    Yea, GLWS on that one!! I'm still very interested in a third one... for the right price, not 3 large!! I still haven't heard back from our fellow CP member either. I think it's all hot air.

I'm glad I have my Seismic, I'm just running dual PSW1200's with the 4 satellites, 4 SRT sub's, 2 center's, and two control boxes! For the rear surrounds I'm running a pair of RT3K's! Finished off by FX1K's for the front highs!!
    Talk about room pressurization! It's complete lunacy! The rest of my gear is in other rooms.

It took me awhile to piece this together, including a road trip to Indiana to pick up my 2nd SRT! Really good shape, just needed two of the subs to get re-glued... paid $350 for that one!! That's why I took the road trip, only catch was to help carry it from the guy's basement! No problem!
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • quickr1
    Options
    Damn chef that's the one I told you about. Sad part was I was passing right through that area at the time. I'm glad it worked out for you though.
  • chefkungfu
    Options
    quickr1 wrote: »
    Damn chef that's the one I told you about. Sad part was I was passing right through that area at the time. I'm glad it worked out for you though.

Yes sir!!! Thank you so much!!!! Seriously! I was all over it, I rented a car and made the run, I went nonstop!
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • chefkungfu
    Options
    Yea, the guy I purchased it from completely gutted his basement and wanted to convert it into a game room. Complete with a bar, arcade games, etc. Plus him and the wife wanted the SRT's gone! He wanted a higher price, but I talked him down to said price! He was the second owner only for a short time!
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Did anyone on here buy the SRT system that was being advertised on the Seattle Craigslist for $2,200 obo? It said the cabinets were banged up some but he purchased them new and had three remotes for it. One that was used and two brand-new ones that were never used! I offered to buy one of the remotes from him for $100 but he didn't return my email and now the ad is down so I'm assuming it was sold.

I have one remote but would have liked a spare. The seller also said he was including a copy of the SRT factory flyer that he had autographed by Matthew Polk when he purchased them new for $9,800 in 1995.
  • quickr1
    Options
    gatecrasher i'm curious you said you scored a second set of srt's recently. where did you acquire the second set? i only ask because i seen a deleted post on craiglist for one that was in the kenosha/racine area of wisconsin.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    gatecrasher i'm curious you said you scored a second set of srt's recently. where did you acquire the second set? i only ask because i seen a deleted post on craiglist for one that was in the kenosha/racine area of wisconsin.

That was the one. It was less than 30 minutes from my house so I drove my Chevy cargo van up with cash in hand and he accepted my offer. He wanted money to put towards a snowmobile for this winter. The guy said they came from a warehouse or some kind of storage facility in Wisconsin that was owned by a member of the SC Johnson family.

They are in pretty-good shape and work great. They did not include the control center though but luckily I was able to find a 2nd one with a brand-new remote control on eBay a while back.

• quickr1
    Options
    good to hear. I'm not too far from there either. been keeping my eyes out for a set that is priced reasonably.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    I found both my SRT systems in this area. I got the first one in the northwest burbs about a year and a half ago.

That's the only reason I even considered selling my beloved RT5000 systems. They were just being stored in the original factory boxes taking up space. I kept four f/x1000 speakers though to use as the surrounds.

Two SRTs are all I need though so if I hear of another set in the area I'll drop you a line.
  • quickr1
    Options
  • chefkungfu
    Options
    villian wrote: »
    Looking for an SRT System or any of the individual components..Mostly an SRT Center Channel and the Powered Woofers.

Hey villian did you ever get my email?
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • villian
    edited October 2015
    Options

That was the one. It was less than 30 minutes from my house so I drove my Chevy cargo van up with cash in hand and he accepted my offer. He wanted money to put towards a snowmobile for this winter. The guy said they came from a warehouse or some kind of storage facility in Wisconsin that was owned by a member of the SC Johnson family.

They are in pretty-good shape and work great. They did not include the control center though but luckily I was able to find a 2nd one with a brand-new remote control on eBay a while back.

Did he forget to tell you about the guy he already had a deal with for that SRT pair, or did you choose to ignore it? Just curious..

Classy move though, you know.. Selling your RT3000 and RT5000 systems for multiples of what you just paid for those SRTs in Racine. And to offer them to me for that much.. Scandalous..
  • Gatecrasher
    Options

Did he forget to tell you about the guy he already had a deal with for that SRT pair, or did you choose to ignore it? Just curious..

Classy move though, you know.. Selling your RT3000 and RT5000 systems for multiples of what you just paid for those SRTs in Racine. And to offer them to me for that much.. Scandalous..

WTF are you talking about?
  • villian
    Options

WTF are you talking about?

I had a deal with the guy who was selling those SRT's in Racine. He contacted me on here, we came to an agreement, he took down the FS ad, was packing them up for shipping and everything..said some other guy had come out of the woodwork and made him a really crummy, low-ball offer for the SRT's, which we both had a nice laugh about. A few days later we're talking again (I assumed to exchange shipping tracking info) when he tells me that the guy who made the laughable offer had desperately drove up from Illinois with his cargo van, and persuaded him to scuttle our deal and sell the SRT's to him instead, right then and there.

So naturally when I saw your thread about your newfangled SRT setup that you had driven your cargo van up to Racine with cash in hand to get, and you concurrently replied to a PM of mine asking if you had anything for sale FIVE months after I had sent it, offering me your RT5000 setups for $2,000 and $1,500 each I got a little pissed off. I know how much you paid for the SRTs in Racine ($500) and I don't like being nickle and dimed by someone who's trying to unload their old gear for multitudes more than what they just paid for a superior setup that they had just robbed me of. Not to mention that you lied in your PM to me and said that the reason the RT5000s were being sold because you were moving, when clearly it was because you had just picked up another set of SRTs (I mean, let's be real..you even made the thread here talking about your new SRTs). So no, I'm not interested in buying your 1982 Mustang for more money than you just paid for the 2012 model that I was already buying. Thanks, but no thanks.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Well, this thread certainly got interesting in a hurry ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gentlemen, perhaps take this to PM for discussion?
  • Gatecrasher
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Snooze you lose I guess Villian.

For your info the guy contacted me. I didn't even reply to his PM until a week later after I saw them advertised on the local Craigslist here in Chicago. I sent him an email and he said they were still for sale. He didn't say anything about a "deal" he had with anyone else (not that it would have mattered to me anyway). Every time I advertise Polk speakers on eBay or Craigslist I have at least two or three guys promising to buy them that never show up or have some other excuse.

He said to make him an offer and I did. He accepted my offer and I drove up in my van the next day and purchased them cash in hand. Maybe you offered him something ridiculous like $500 but I offered him $1,000 cash after he sent me pictures of them. They were worth more than that. It was less than a half hour drive from my house. The guy wanted money fast and obviously didn't think you were for real. Why would he? He probably had several guys calling him about them.

You had a week's head start on me and couldn't make the deal?

Who's fault is that?

He was not getting ready to pack them up either. They were sitting in his garage and he specifically told me he wasn't going to ship them. Only a fool would ship these in boxes anyway. Where would you get them? WalMart? These speakers are big and heavy.

The only way I would ship something like these would be via North American Van Lines or some other white gloves type of transport.

I contacted you about my RT5000 system in response to your PM asking about them a couple months ago. You contacted me.

Here's your PM to me from four months earlier,

"Hey Gatecrasher,

Are you looking to sell any of your CS1000's or SRT related items? Or heck even some FX1ks or RT3ks? Let me know! I'm interested if so!"

I thought I'd give you first crack at them. There was another member of the forum that had asked about them too that I PM'd. I didn't need any help selling them. I sold all three sets plus the spare stuff in less than 2 weeks. It was all primo stuff. Better than 99% of them out there. I didn't really want to sell it all but was running out of room.

Do you really think I would have contacted you about the RT5000s if I knew you had some deal with the guy I got the SRTs from?

Then you start this ad supposedly looking for SRT stuff and someone tells you about a center speaker for sale. It was for sale in the Polk classifieds for months and you didn't buy it. So I finally did after I got the two new SRT mains to complete the system. I guess you are only interested in this kind of stuff if you can get it for a totally-ridiculous low price or something?

I think what we have here is a case of:

j8ki6w8jc6rb.jpg

talks ....and

aji1n528e0xv.png

walks.

I paid $1,000 for the SRTs, $400 for the center speaker, and gave another guy $100 for the spare remote (because he didn't want to sell it so I made him an offer he couldn't refuse).

I paid $200 for the control center last year so I have a total of $1,700 into this 2nd SRT system. Still a good deal but not dirt-cheap like you were looking to get them for. In other words, I didn't rip anyone off so I'm sorry if you feel I somehow screwed you but the reality of the situation is the guy contacted me and accepted my offer.

End of story.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that even after you threw your tantrum on here I sent you a PM a couple days ago telling you about the SRT system in Seattle for $2,300 OBO (which means you can negotiate some). I didn't get any response from you so I posted the info in the Vintage section with a link to the Craigslist ad.

I think it's still for sale and it includes a lot more than the one in Wisconsin.
    • Two main subs & sats
    • Center speaker
    • Control center
    • Two remotes (one NOS sealed in the original packaging)
    • Custom Monster cables for all of them
    • All the manuals and accessories
    • Even an autographed "something" by Matthew Polk who was present when he purchased it all for $10,000 brand-new.

Unfortunately, I think he wants more than $500 for it all but if you are interested PM me and I'll give you his contact info. I don't hold grudges for very long and if I see any others out there I'll give you a heads-up. Maybe you'll find a sucker who doesn't know any better and will sell them to you for next to nothing.

Post edited by Gatecrasher on
  • villian
    Options
    Snooze you lose I guess Villian.

He didn't say anything about a "deal" he had with anyone else (not that it would have mattered to me anyway).

I offered him $1,000 cash after he sent me pictures of them.

It's obvious that you're backpedaling and aimlessly slandering in an attempt to justify your con artistry of others, so I shouldn't even reply to this flamebait..but I will because it's about time everyone here knows how dirty this deal was..

First things first..
    The reason this thread exists is because I have cash set aside for the purchase of SRT systems or components, end of discussion. Since creating this thread I have been sharked more times than I can count by folks like yourself.. So before you try to characterize me as a scammer of some kind (Talk about the pot calling the kettle black) who can't put his money where his mouth is you should know that not only did I recently buy a pair of SRT L&R mains for $3,000 for a friend to use, along with a set of RT3ks for $1200, but I am currently more than 1,500 miles from "home", knee deep in facilitating a deal to help make Chefkungfu's ultimate SRT sytems a reality, at this very moment. So thank you very much, but you can buzz off. There's only person here who seems intent on conning and ripping people, and that's yourself. I'd like for you to prove me wrong, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

Secondly,
    You offered $500 for those SRTs you just picked up in Racine..The seller told me that and I believe him. He refused your original offer not only because it was laughable, but also because he too thought you were up to something fishy like a quick buy and resell (Which ironically is what you did with the SRTs and RT3ks) and he wanted the speakers to go to a place they could truly call home. I don't know what you ended up paying, but even if it's the $1,000 that you now claim to have paid (Which is, let's admit..still a lowball offer) the fact remains that you turned around and tried to sell your RT5000 setups (Inferior product) on here for multitudes more than what you paid for the SRTs (Superior product) that were displacing them. Not only that but you tried to sell them to another member of this community under the cover of "I'm getting ready to move again" (I quoted that from your PM btw) versus the reality of "I'm out of room because I just bought some SRTs on the cheap". That's scandalous. You avoided mentioning the SRTs during the sale of your RT5k's because you knew that anyone on here would refuse to buy your RT5k setup if they knew why you were really offloading them. You paid at most $1000 for the SRTs, and attempted to sell your RT5000 speakers for $2000 and $1500 respectively. That's what I take issue with. It's very dishonest of you to try and sell them for what you did, in the way you did.

(On and on about the SRT system that was for sale in Seattle).. if you are interested PM me and I'll give you his contact info.

I'll do that, but I doubt you'll reply now. Let's see just how humble of a man you really are. Ha!
This discussion has been closed.