FS/Trade? Rotel RMB-1095 5-channel power amplifier (200wpc)

Options
jephdood
jephdood Posts: 1,671
edited January 2014 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
$950. The amp is in great shape. Black chassis/fins with silver middle front plate. RCA and balanced/XLR connections. TWO massive torroidial transformers inside. HEAVY (@75 lbs).

I'm not the original owner, so I can't tell you exactly how old it is. In my care it's been babied. Also took in recently to Desco Electonics (authorized Rotel service dept) where it was given a clean bill of health. I like to make sure on things before selling for peace of mind.

Selling to downsize a bit. Otherwise, this wouldn't be going anywhere.

The price is FIRM. MSRP on this amp was (I think) $2,100. They just don't show up all that often. Rarely, in fact. Also, no delivery, no shipping, and no payments other than cash. *MAY* consider partial trade for a sub. Current version SVS Plus or maybe a slightly older Ultra if in good condition. Or, maybe a 20-39pci sub to match the one I already have. Rythmik HP? Hsu 15? Possibly. Those are the ONLY things I would consider trading for.

Will get around to taking some pics later in the day.

Here's the product pitch and specs from Rotel's website:

Producing a full kilowatt (1000 watts!) of output power, Rotel's RMB-1095 is a stunning realization of Rotel's capabilities in amplifier design. It is, for all intents and purposes, a multi-channel version of the RB-1080 stereo power amplifier, already recognized as one of the finest amplifiers available at any price from any manufacturer. Rated at 200 watts per channel (all 5 channels driven into 8 ohms, 20 Hz 20 kHz, less than 0.03% THD), the RMB-1095's power supply is built around two 1.2 kVA toroid transformers. Eight 15,000 uf British-made BHC slit foil capacitors provide prodigious storage capacity and combine with 30 150 watt/15 amp output devices for uncompressed reproduction of the most dynamic source material. A sophisticated "over current" protection circuit with front panel LED indicators guards against potentially harmful operating conditions. Special "current absorbers" minimize turn-on surges while gold plated balanced XLR and single-ended RCA inputs provide easy connection to a variety of controller/preamplifiers. Heavy rear casters assist in placing the amplifier.

Model RMB-1095
Continuous Power Output (20-20 kHz, <0.03%) 5x200 watts /ch / 8 ohms
DIN Power Output (1 kHz, 1%) 5x330 watts /ch / 4 ohms
Total Harmonic Distortion (20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 ohms) <0.03%
Intermodulation Distortion (60 Hz: 7 kHz, 4:1) <0.03%
Frequency Response 15Hz - 100kHz +0.5dB, -3dB
Signal to Noise Ratio(IHF A) 116dB
Power Consumption 800 watts
Dimensions (W x H x D) mm 432 x 237 x 410 mm
Dimensions (W x H x D) in 17 1/8 x 9 3/8 x 16 1/8 in
Front Panel Height 221 mm, 8 11/16 in
Weight (net) 34 kg, 75 lbs

Review: http://www.audioholics.com/amplifier-reviews/rotel-rmb-1095

Thanks for looking!
"I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
Post edited by jephdood on

Comments

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I don't see your price.
  • jephdood
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Dangit. Fixed. Thanks guys.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited January 2014
    Options
    That's better.
  • mufsoman
    mufsoman Posts: 631
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have this same amp, and it is a great amp. I bought mine second hand too about 2years ago. This is a very good price for a quality piece of equipment. GLWS
    Parasound HCA-2003A & 2205A
    Front: Rti12's
    Center: Csi A6
    Side surrounds: Polk Rti A1's
    Atmos: Mirage Nanosats
    APC H15
    Power cords by Pepster, Morrow MA4 IC's, AQ Midnight, AQ Chocolate HDMI's[/SIZE]
    The rest is TBD.
  • jephdood
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thank you! Yes, it'll be missed for sure.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Pictures please...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Just sold one of these last week. I had been sitting on this amp for 4-5 years. This amp is a BEAST and if I didn't decide to go Carver I would still be using it. I hope it goes to a good home. If anything you can anchor yourself to it during a tornado. 200w RMS x 5, whole chassis is a heatsink and built to last forever. I kept my RMB-1075 for lighter duty, but I will miss this amp sorely.

GLWTS!
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • jephdood
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Pictures please...

Here's a couple..

wp002.jpg
    &
    wp005.jpg
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I owned one of these for many years and loved it. Its powerful, clear and very warm to listen to. It never breaks a sweat no matter how hard you drive it. It's like having limitless power.
    Great price my man, good luck with the sale.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • snake1
    snake1 Posts: 567
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Be very interested when I get my 2ch amp sold!
    AVR - Onkyo NR809
    500gb HD for MP3 and FLAC files
    Amp - Parasound 2250 - FOR SALE BTW!! PM me if interested!
    Mains - Polk RTi12 towers
    Center - CSi5
    Surround - FXiA6's
    Sub - psw505
    Movies and games - PS3
    TV - Toshiba 52" HD

Every vehicle has one good nuetral drop in it
  • whitecamaross
    whitecamaross Posts: 219
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I Owned this amp and sold it to buy a nad m25 and let me tell you the amp is a beast and really hits hard, but it is not for those of you who like warm sound. The amp is on the bright side like ati amplifiers. If you like an amp that's in your face and slaps you around Then this is it. I actually can't think of a better 5 channel under a thousand dollars. The only other amp that can a second choice is the parasound 5250 but that's it.
  • jephdood
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Interesting. I've found it to be very neutral. Not warm like a B&K by any means, but nowhere near an ATI or some of the Adcoms.
  • whitecamaross
    whitecamaross Posts: 219
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Adcoms are warm units. ...I sold this rotel simply because I wanted something different. In my opinion , this rotel is a perfect match for bowers. .
  • jephdood
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The older Adcoms were warmer/darker. The newer ones, not so much. IMO.

Yeah, I'll miss it.
  • kcoc321
    kcoc321 Posts: 1,788
    edited January 2014
    Options
    $_57.JPG

Jeez.. that is the first amp I have seen that has FLIPPIN WHEELS on the bottom :-O
    $_57.JPG 330.6K
  • jephdood
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Sold!