Polk SRT System

dpowell
dpowell Posts: 3,067
I do not post this lightly nor do I intend to set off a firestorm of debate as these speakers are nothing short of spectacular in their own right, a Polk flagship icon and certainly a rarity to find in this condition. After a full day of speaker shootout (and really months of listening to the speakers in separate rigs), I have come to the conclusion that the best dual purpose rig for me will have SDA 2.3TL's as Left and Right speakers, not the SRT's. I have thouroughly enjoyed these speakers and cared for them over the last 2 years and want to see another member of the Polk family enjoy them as well.

If you want a pair of SRT's and center channel that are about as near mint as you can find for a speaker system 15 years old WITH original boxes, you have them in the set I'm selling. Here's what I have:

Left/Right SRT Mains and Subs all in working order
SRT Control Center with remote and original manual
Center SRT speaker
All Original Boxes

I will NOT ship and I can't be more firm on that. The boxes are in good shape but I WILL NOT trust these speakers to a shipping company. Period.

I'm asking $4,000 for everything mentioned above but am negotiable on price.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
Post edited by dpowell on

Comments

• bluecomet
    bluecomet Posts: 1,118
    edited April 2012
    I wish you were on the east coast. They look to be in great condition. Good luck with the sale.
    Polk HT system 1: LSIC, LSI25 mains, LSI F/X rears, Lsi F/X rear centers,
    Yamaha RX-V2500 System, Carver A753 3 channel amp.

Polk HT system 2: , SRT system with f/x 1,000's rear speakers on 7.1 system currently using Onkyo TX-RZ820 receiver, powered by Sunfire Grand Theater amp

Polk Speaker collection: SDA SRS 1.2tl x 2, SRT system, SDA SRS 2 P/B, SDA 2A, SDA 1C Studio, SDA CRS+, Monitor 7B & 4, SRS 3.1tl, RTA 15tl, LS90, LSI 9
  • dpowell
    edited April 2012
    BTW, I am the second owner of these and they did not come with the original ls/fx rear speakers. They were used with in-wall surrounds by the original owner and myself.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,584
    edited April 2012
    If I remember correctly you road tripped it to Utah to get these bad boys.

Congrats on starting to get things consolidated and good luck with the sale.

The SRT's are a speaker I would love to get my ears on once. :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited April 2012
    I'm trying to send you a PM dpowell but you inbox is full. Send me a PM with your contact info and let's talk.
  • dpowell
    edited April 2012
    Sorry about that. PM is clean(er). PM sent.

• lifelongnewb
    lifelongnewb Posts: 72
    edited April 2012
    Uggghhhhh.....Man, how I wish..GLWTS!
  • dpowell
    edited April 2012
    Some More Eye Candy

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,369
    edited April 2012
    Didn't take long to get that thread up.:wink:

Had a great time today. It is not often that you get a chance to do a comparison on the level we did today, comparing legends. These two speakers gave an impressive show, and matched each other round for round. Each has strengths over the other, but for a dual purpose rig, the TL's were just a touch more articulate and musical.

The SRT's that Doug is offering up here are spectacular in every detail and in every way. Dropping the coin on these is money very well spent.

GLWTS, and thanks for letting me participate Doug. I had a great time.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,176
    edited April 2012
    Man they are in great condition. Someone is going to get a truly beautiful front end. Good luck with the sale , I hope they go to a good home.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2012
    I just hope they stay in the "family" :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited April 2012
    Doug, check with lifelongnewb, he was looking high and low for a SRT system just within the last couple of weeks.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,319
    edited April 2012
    gee I bet those would be a costly crossover upgrade.....looking good GLWTS.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2012
    Just a friendly bump back to the top...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • dpowell
    edited April 2012
    Thanks John. I'm currently in the process of working out a sale to a forum member. Hopefully will know soon on these...

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2012
    dpowell wrote: »
    Thanks John. I'm currently in the process of working out a sale to a forum member. Hopefully will know soon on these...

Good luck with that sale! These are quite awesome speakers, but I have a feeling your new setup will make you just as happy.

Out of curiosity what are you planning on running as a center, or are you planning on using a center with the SDA's?
  • dpowell
    edited April 2012
    Bump. Have a couple of irons in the fire on this one but nothing solidified yet.

• nooshinjohn
    edited April 2012
    If you need a space to store them, my living room is all yours.:loneranger:

• dpowell
    edited April 2012
    Thanks John. I wouldn't want these to hurt your back any more than they already have! :eek::lol:

• Steelo
    Steelo Posts: 69
    edited April 2012
    dpowell..........this sale is something I never thought I would see.

PM sent.
  • dpowell
    edited April 2012
    These are pending sale.

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited April 2012
    I've heard these, courtesy of Doug's warm hospitality at a previous Polk get-to-gether.

These are a special set of speakers!

Sorry you have to give these up, Doug - but get it.

The new owner is gonna LUV these!

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • bsoko2
    bsoko2 Posts: 1,449
    edited April 2012
    I believe that this set of SRT's originally from Mt. Vernon, Washington. They had been in storage for a number of years in Mt. Vernon before going to Utah.
  • oldmodman
    oldmodman Posts: 740
    edited April 2012
    I will be driving down to Doug's to pick them up this coming week.

Has anyone else on this forum managed to buy two out of their three audio dreams in a single week?

I picked up a set of 3.2s and these SRTs at the same time! I can't wait to hear them. They will not only be set up in different rooms, but in different houses.

Doug was willing to leave his set up until I can hear them. Then we will pack them up and I'll drive them to their new home in West Los Angeles.
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited April 2012
  • dpowell
    edited May 2012
    SOLD! to oldmodman. Great meeting you today and I hope you enjoy them every bit as much as I did!

• nooshinjohn
    edited May 2012
    Congrats to both of you.