MIT Shotgun S3.3 Cable Demo/Review Round 4

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,861
edited March 2016 in 2 Channel Audio
The MIT cable demo/review is back for Round 4, this time with the Shotgun S3.3's!!!

These cables are replacing the CVT1's from Rounds 2 & 3. This demo consists of a 10' pair of speaker cables (1 set, single run) and two pairs of 1 meter locking RCA interconnects (2 sets). The MSRP on these cables is about $3300.00. This is a great way to try out high end cables for very little money.

This round will start off where Round 3 ended. I have removed a few names as they are no longer active members or have requested to be removed. If you want to be on the list, have read, understand and meet the requirements contact me via email or PM. If you want off the list, please notify me. This round will be restricted to the 48 continuous as shipping over the border is costly (fees and duties) and therefore is not fair to the person shipping.

REQUIREMENTS:

-More than six months in Club Polk of ACTIVE and PRODUCTIVE participation.

-Positive Feedback in our Flea Market. (Since the feedback system is not working, I will consider waiving this requirement on a case by case bias)

-You will provide to me via email or PM your full name, home address, email address and 2 phone numbers before you can participate. Failure to provide that info will result in you being removed from the list.

-You'll have to pay for shipping (and packaging if needed) when you send them to the next in line. They can only be shipped via UPS or FedEx with tracking, signature required and insured for $1650.00. Please be aware that the shipping cost may be more than you realize. If you can't handle that, don't sign up.

-If there is any damage or the cables are lost, the sender will need to file and follow up the claim with the carrier.

HOW IT WORKS:

-Each demo will last no more than 2 weeks. That is plenty of time to demo these and will allow more people to get their ears on them in a shorter time frame.

-Highlighted name on the list means the cables are in your possession.

-I will provide to each sender the shipping info for the next person in line via the email address you provide. Make sure they are accurate.

-The sender will provide to me via email or PM the tracking info when you ship.

-The receiver will notify me via email or PM when the cables arrive. Your 2 week demo time starts then.

-I don't want to hear any excuses about delays in shipping. In fact, I don't care if you are dead, just ship them. I hope that is clear enough.

-Once you are done, YOU MUST POST A REVIEW IN THIS THREAD WITHIN ONE WEEK, outlining your experience/thoughts of how the cables sound, be it better or not than what you compared them with. It doesn't have to be a professional review, just write something. A list of associated gear would be nice. Failure to post a review will result in the closure of the demo program. Believe it when I say, you do not want that on your shoulders.

-The cables will be sent back to MIT once the demo is finished. This could be once there's no more people on the list or at any time MIT decides they want them back. MIT may want to swap these cables out with another model at some point. If that happens, the next person on the list will get extra demo time to allow for burn in.

-These are not your cables, so treat them with respect. Do not apply any kind of air freshener, funk juice, etc. to the cables and this is very important, do not attempt to open the network boxes.

Enjoy!!!

Here's the demo participant's list:
MITDemoRound4.jpg
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,546
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Woot! Thanks again MIT. Super hyped to try the shotguns!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,959
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Awesome deal!!! If I didn't have the more then I need Shotguns I would be all over this!!

Nick you see your name on this??? I'm definitely coming over when you get these to try out on you're LSi's!!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Man, that is awesome!:eek:

I am scared EndersShadow will sell his car and pawn his dogs to buy some though.
    Worried, very worried.:cheesygrin:
    JK Dan!

Waaaaaay out of my price range but that is an AWESOME demo!

Looking forward to reading some reviews.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hehe IndyHawg when I get em your welcome to hear em on my rig. I will prob do the same when you have them on your fortes and tubes :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you haven't heard these GET ON THE LIST!
    Badass cables!!!
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2012
    Options
    pepster wrote: »
    Man, that is awesome!:eek:

I am scared EndersShadow will sell his car and pawn his dogs to buy some though.
    Worried, very worried.:cheesygrin:
    JK Dan!

Waaaaaay out of my price range but that is an AWESOME demo!

Looking forward to reading some some reviews.

Nah it's gonna help me figure out if I stay with audio quest or go MIT in my office rig. My HT setup iss about done with cables except for some power cables
  • Toolfan66
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You guys are in trouble when you get your hands on these, trust me when I say they are impressive just pulling them out of the box let alone when you get your ears on them!!

Have your wallets open and Credit Cards ready!!!

LOL!!
  • Toolfan66
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nah it's gonna help me figure out if I stay with audio quest or go MIT in my office rig

Which AudioQuest??
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,006
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Great program sponsored by MIT & Polk. Now's your chance to hear them for yourself. The price of shipping is a small price to pay. You really don't see this type of program on other forums. Nice job fellows!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Which AudioQuest??

Right now I have 12 ft CV-4 38dbs speaker cables. Analog 2 Signal Cables. I have MITs EXp1 ICs in right now. I have g-snakes but don't have them in right now. I would be going with some of audioquests DBS series interconnects.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,137
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would like to get my name added to the list. I am curious as to how these will work with my tube amps and the big Maggies.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Toolfan66
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Right now I have 12 ft CV-4 38dbs speaker cables. Analog 2 Signal Cables. I have MITs EXp1 ICs in right now. I have g-snakes but don't have them in right now. I would be going with some of audioquests DBS series interconnects.

Nice!! I'm looking forward to you getting your hands on these for an A/B test and posting your thoughts..
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It would be nice if some of the nay-sayers would try these, list the gear they used, list the cables they replaced, and tell us there is no difference.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Toolfan66
    edited February 2012
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    It would be nice if some of the nay-sayers would try these, list the gear they used, list the cables they replaced, and tell us there is no difference.

It will never happen, they still think Charles Manson is Jesus...
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nice!! I'm looking forward to you getting your hands on these for an A/B test and posting your thoughts..

Yup, been trying to build up my time with the MIT and Audioquest setup now so I am familiar with its sound. I do need to finish my custom jumpers though so I can get it setup right.

Right now I have 1 channel (my high's) on the CV-4 and another channel (my lows) on the Audioquest FLX 14/4.

I need to get spades for the CV-4's so I can use the CV-4 to the high's and use the FLX 14/4 jumpers for the lows

F1 any word on if these will ship with different iconn adapters (banana, spade, etc)?
  • Toolfan66
    edited February 2012
    Options

F1 any word on if these will ship with different iconn adapters (banana, spade, etc)?

They will come with everything you need to adapt to your liking..
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,006
    edited February 2012
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    It will never happen, they still think Charles Manson is Jesus...

Opinions vary...carry on fellows. This is a nice demo program, let's not spoil it.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'd like to get in on these please sir.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Enjoy the demo fellas. I won't and can't take part (obviously). Hope to see some positive reviews.
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited February 2012
    Options
    WOW, couldn't be happier that my name carried over from the last demo period! It's going to be great trying these opposed to my terminator 2's.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,094
    edited February 2012
    Options
    grimmace19 wrote: »
    WOW, couldn't be happier that my name carried over from the last demo period! It's going to be great trying these opposed to my terminator 2's.

Expect to **** your flat hat. I recently moved from T2's to Shotun S3's and the difference is not subtle.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,094
    edited February 2012
    Options
    edited.......forgot this is the cable demo thread :redface:

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Actually Brock, your last post (now edited) was right on the money. MIT's, like any of the better brands, work much better when the entire rig is running the same cables. That's why the demo includes 2 sets of RCA's with the speaker cables.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I forgot to mention the colors....see all the pretty colors.....yeah, they mean something.

Yellow - that person has the cables.
    Green - those folks are green with envy. Not to worry though, you will turn yellow soon.
    Blue - those folks are done with the cables and now have the blues, which can only be cured by purchasing a set of MIT cables.
    Red - you don't want to see this color, so post your review within one week!

President of Club Polk

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This needs to be a sticky.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Toolfan66
    edited February 2012
    Options
    engtaz wrote: »
    This needs to be a sticky.

Ask and you shall receive!!!:wink:
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you have not listened to these cables yet and qualify for this demo GET ON THE LIST! These cables were impressive in what they brought to my system. They will demonstrate what changing cables will do for your system even if you do not necessarily believe it is what you want at this time. There is no denying there will be a change. Any cable naysayer will be hard pressed to go through this demo and not have to eat a little crow.
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • F1nut
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Update:

Ok, we're off and running again. Blueboxer has the cables and will get an extra week to allow the cables to fully burn in before his official demo time begins. He should ship on or about 3/22/12 to the next person.

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Blueboxer has the cables and will get an extra week to allow the cables to fully burn in before his official demo time begins.

If he tests with his iPod and Wadia 170 iTransport I sold him we should get a great review. :wink:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.