PSW125 - where is the fuse? (see pix)

Options
bartman99
bartman99 Posts: 2
edited June 2011 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

My PSW 125 sub has no power as LED doesn't light up. Our house / electricity had an electrical fluctuation the other day due to a storm, so I thought perhaps that the fuse would be the culprit.

I opened up the back plate, and I am not sure which among the components is the fuse. I expected to find a simple glass fuse, but couldn't find any.

Hope you guys can point out the fuse in any of the pix below. Thanks.

DSC_0138.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg
Post edited by bartman99 on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hello,
    It's been a while, but look on the outside of the amp faceplate where the AC cord plugs in. See if there is a section of the AC socket that has a small "hatch" that might drop down. If so, that is where the AC fuse is.
    Regards, Ken
  • bartman99
    bartman99 Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hello,
    It's been a while, but look on the outside of the amp faceplate where the AC cord plugs in. See if there is a section of the AC socket that has a small "hatch" that might drop down. If so, that is where the AC fuse is.
    Regards, Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the tip. Yup, you're correct, I didn't need to go through the trouble to open up the plate. Oh man, it was so simple. The AC fuse is indeed on the small "hatch".

DSC_0142-1.jpg

The fuse seems fine though, and the wire inside not broken. Any ideas? Will try to see if I can get a new fuse just to test it out. I earlier tried replacing the power cable with another one from my PC. Didn't work as well.

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0144-1.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hello,
    Sorry for the delay in answering your last posting. Sometimes the fuse wire can break up near the top of the metal caps. If you have a VOM (Volt/Ohm meter) you can check the continuity of the fuse. If it seems to be okay then contact Polk's CS first thing Monday at 1-800-377-7655 or send them an email at polkcs@polkaudio.com. They'll take care of it.
    Good luck, Ken