Pioneer Elite SC-37

Options
Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
edited April 2011 in Electronics
Well, my SC-37 finally showed up today and here are a few pics. Not much difference than the SC-07 but I'll post some thoughts of the two units later.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Im curious why you upgraded. 3D, power cord, something else?
  • Grimster74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Im curious why you upgraded. 3D, power cord, something else.
    Upgraded the upstairs rig with the 07 (replacing the Denon 3805) and the 37 is going in my H/T room. Why you ask, couldn't beat the price of the 37.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,065
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Have you listened to it yet? I haven't noticed to much difference over the Sc years now in sound quality but I have not done a direct compare to the SC-07 and SC-37. If you can could you do a side by side and report? I thought of bringing one home and doing it but we sell them as fast as we get them so I haven't have the chance.

More HDMI , removable power cord are all nice features not to mention Iphone app control is cool as this model now has IP control , I don't know if that makes any difference for you but for me it's huge.

You got a really good deal on it as the new Elite models are coming this summer which should include a SC-09 replacement flagship. That my friend I'm very interested in. If I can pull it off , I'm getting one. Should be a SC-49 but we shall see.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Grimster74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, there are a few things I noticed today which are a warm welcome with the SC-37 over the SC-07. First one being the removable power cord, now I can use my after market Signal Cable that's been in my cable storage box for over 2 years now. Second, glad to see they included the treads on the setup mic this go around, not sure if they did it on the SC-2x series but the SC-0x series didn't come with it. The two way remote is cool but it will never see the light of day due to my Harmony One remote. Noticed the speaker connectors seem to be of better quality compared to the 07 series. The lack of s-video inputs seemed to have cleaned up the back of the receiver a bit. For what ever reason, the 37 has either brass or copper screws. As soon as I get a chance to spend some more time with the unit I'll see what else I can find. By the way, WOW, what an upgrade the 07 made over the Denon 3805 I had upstairs. This is my first time using the ICE amps and WOW, what an improvement in SQ over the 3805. I'll post more on my findings later on.
  • slk55amg
    slk55amg Posts: 305
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Both units look very impressive. I am kinda a SONY guy, I have had great experience with the ESline. If I was going to try something else it would be a Pioneer Elite. Most important just enjoy..........
    Emotiva XPA5, Sony ES 5300,: Lsi 15,s LSIC, Monitor 70,s, ( side surrounds) FXI 3,s, (rear surrounds)Micropro4000, Velodyne DEQ 10, Sony 55inchXBR 930D Sony BDP 790 Bedroom rig SonyES 3200 RTIA1,s CSIA4 FXI3,s polk PSW 10 SONY 34inch XBR960:cool:SONY BDP550
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,964
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pioneer ****!!!!! Can I ask what you paid and where you got it???

I have wanted to pull my SC-07 and put in a removable power cord for some time. I have the tools and the parts Just need to get on it..
  • Grimster74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pioneer ****!!!!! Can I ask what you paid and where you got it???

I have wanted to pull my SC-07 and put in a removable power cord for some time. I have the tools and the parts Just need to get on it..

PM Sent!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,065
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Grimster74 wrote: »
    Well, there are a few things I noticed today which are a warm welcome with the SC-37 over the SC-07. First one being the removable power cord, now I can use my after market Signal Cable that's been in my cable storage box for over 2 years now. Second, glad to see they included the treads on the setup mic this go around, not sure if they did it on the SC-2x series but the SC-0x series didn't come with it. The two way remote is cool but it will never see the light of day due to my Harmony One remote. Noticed the speaker connectors seem to be of better quality compared to the 07 series. The lack of s-video inputs seemed to have cleaned up the back of the receiver a bit. For what ever reason, the 37 has either brass or copper screws. As soon as I get a chance to spend some more time with the unit I'll see what else I can find. By the way, WOW, what an upgrade the 07 made over the Denon 3805 I had upstairs. This is my first time using the ICE amps and WOW, what an improvement in SQ over the 3805. I'll post more on my findings later on.

Basically the experience everyone who has had a Denon avr and switches to a Pioneer Elite SC model. I enjoy watching their face when the first note hits and so on.
    The ICE amps are very good and surprising for an AVR. I feel they come very close to entry level separates. Pioneer really hit a home run when the decision was made to go ICE.

Now that you got 2 of them , you may qualify to take over the ICE CLUB !
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.