Chirping Speakers

Options
bigkaspi
bigkaspi Posts: 3
edited November 2010 in Troubleshooting
I have a set of mm6501's in my car. The woofer seems to be chirping if I turn if up to a point. Now even though this sound level isn't necessarily extremely loud... It still has this chirp everytime the bass hits.

I have them installed with some foam speaker baffles, could this potentially be the problem?

Also, they are both amplified with a Rockford Fosgate 450.4 amplifier. at 120 watts RMS.
Post edited by bigkaspi on

Comments

• fatpiggy
    fatpiggy Posts: 205
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hi Bigkaspi,
    Something dosnt sound right, if its making a chirp.Sounds like you might have blown a driver.If you turn the sound up to high and your using a high output amp you can over load the woofers and damage them.What I would do it drop into a car speaker place that does installs and get them to have a look.They would have a better idea as they work with car speakers all the time.Most car speaker places will check it out for you for free.

Good luck I hope its not serious.

Fatpiggy
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
    edited November 2010
    Options
    I wish I could answer your question but I'm not up on car audio. However if you post this question over on the Car Audio forum I think you'll get a much better response from the car audio buffs.

Hey & welcome to Club Polk!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited November 2010
    Options
    could be a discharging capacitor....

welcome to Club Polk