LS90-CS350LS-LS/FX System

Options
schutz2106
schutz2106 Posts: 115
edited January 2011 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for sale are my Polk Speakers. I bought them approx about 12 years ago new from Polk dealer. Think the LS/fx are newer than that but went throught so many systems back then that not sure. Have original manuals with them. No boxes. They all sound great and not a thing wrong with them. They were run with a Onkyo 939 receiver until that went a couple years ago and now were run with a Onkyo 805. 1 tweet was just replaced. And I think the 350 had a new tweeter under warranty at some time in the past. They sound great! Just got the "lets spend some money for some reason" bug and now these need a new home. They were never run hard. With young kids they were used 99% for HT. They are used and cosmetically not in perfect shape. I consider them very good though. But if seriouslly interested I will send a whole bunch of pics. The LS90's do have some broken grill pins. Worse thing about it was on 1 of them I dont think they had any until I pulled the grill for pics just now. The LS/FX are really in mint shape. The 350LS center is in pretty good shape. There is a couple marks on the grill which might come off but I dont want to mess with it and make it worse. I will throw in the Monster cable that I used with them. It was there best at that time. Not sure what guage but fronts are heavy with bananas soldered on them.
They are located in Northwest Iowa. I am really going to try to sell as a system but may be split up in a couple months if I still have them. Willing to take a drive to help deliver a little way. Actually heading up north to Minneapolis this weekend.
Thanks
$ 500 OBO
Klipsch RF7-II
Klipsch RC64-II
Klipsch RC62-II

Onkyo TX-SR805
Dish 722 dvr
Sony BDPS370 Blue Ray
Samsung 52b750 LCD Tv
Panasonic DVD Recorder
Post edited by schutz2106 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,091
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That wouldn't be Jersey corn would it?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • schutz2106
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ??????
    Klipsch RF7-II
    Klipsch RC64-II
    Klipsch RC62-II

Onkyo TX-SR805
    Dish 722 dvr
    Sony BDPS370 Blue Ray
    Samsung 52b750 LCD Tv
    Panasonic DVD Recorder
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A $500obo 5.1 LS setup? .....nice, very nice. The grill pins may still be available since they are newer, call Polk CS tomorrow, easy fix and cool for the buyer anyways. It's a pretty decent series, even moreso for me than the first run of the RTi, which came later.

The LS90 is a must have at some point for any Polkie....as much as any SDA. It's one of the best rock speakers Polk has ever made. Super solid bass, easy midrange with a soft high end, not too sharp.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2010
    Options
    schutz2106 wrote: »
    ??????

Location = Middle of a Cornfield.....his comment, Jersey corn....get it? Just say where they hell you're located if selling something. ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • swegyptian
    swegyptian Posts: 316
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ??????

Your location says in the middle of corn... so I think he hopes that they grow corn where he lives in NJ, so he can jump on your deal! HTH.
  • swegyptian
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Dammit, too slow!!!!
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2010
    Options
    swegyptian wrote: »
    Dammit, too slow!!!!

I would say great minds think alike but you'd probably be insulted to be in the same boat as I am....it can be dangerous :o
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Location = Middle of a Cornfield.....his comment, Jersey corn....get it? Just say where they hell you're located if selling something. ;)

It's in the original post guys, Northern Iowa
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's in the original post guys, Northern Iowa

I'm getting old. Damn you.
  • swegyptian
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I noticed that, but someone else didn't! We were just helping....
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Up for sale are my Polk Speakers. I bought them approx about 12 years ago new from Polk dealer. Think the LS/fx are newer than that but went throught so many systems back then that not sure. Have original manuals with them. No boxes. They all sound great and not a thing wrong with them. They were run with a Onkyo 939 receiver until that went a couple years ago and now were run with a Onkyo 805. 1 tweet was just replaced. And I think the 350 had a new tweeter under warranty at some time in the past. They sound great! Just got the "lets spend some money for some reason" bug and now these need a new home. They were never run hard. With young kids they were used 99% for HT. They are used and cosmetically not in perfect shape. I consider them very good though. But if seriouslly interested I will send a whole bunch of pics. The LS90's do have some broken grill pins. Worse thing about it was on 1 of them I dont think they had any until I pulled the grill for pics just now. The LS/FX are really in mint shape. The 350LS center is in pretty good shape. There is a couple marks on the grill which might come off but I dont want to mess with it and make it worse. I will throw in the Monster cable that I used with them. It was there best at that time. Not sure what guage but fronts are heavy with bananas soldered on them.
    They are located in Northwest Iowa. I am really going to try to sell as a system but may be split up in a couple months if I still have them. Willing to take a drive to help deliver a little way. Actually heading up north to Minneapolis this weekend.
    Thanks
    $ 500 OBO

Can that "little drive to help deliver take you to NY?
    I'll wait up with fresh bagels.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ESavinon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I really want them.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,817
    edited October 2010
    Options
    $500 for the entire system is a FANTASTIC price. I have owned all the speakers as I has the same system for a few years and this is a steal........great for HT and for music...good luck with the sale, these should be gone quickly........
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ESavinon wrote: »
    I really want them.

Iowa? That's nothing for a road warrior like you.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ESavinon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've already been there ricardo.
    Maybe time for a road trip? A trip to Iowa might give me a chance to visit a couple of good friends.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,673
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Screamin deal. The oak 90's would match my setup perfectly and I could move my 50's to the rear (to replace my RT600i's). Already have LSfx's on the sides. Too bad I'm way too far away. Free bump, GLWS!!
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Great deal, I've got a pair of the LS90's doing side surround duty(moved the LS50's back to do back surround duty.) The LS90's are fantastic speakers for 2 channel and_ HT. The kicker of this sale are the quality speakers you're getting with the 90's, and all of this for $500.00 OBO??? Somebody needs to jump on this.
  • ken brydson
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Great deal, I've got a pair of the LS90's doing side surround duty(moved the LS50's back to do back surround duty.) The LS90's are fantastic speakers for 2 channel and_ HT. The kicker of this sale are the quality speakers you're getting with the 90's, and all of this for $500.00 OBO??? Somebody needs to jump on this.

90's on the sides?:eek: What are you running for mains?
    Sorry for the slight derail, free bump :)
  • nclh7
    nclh7 Posts: 38
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Breaks my heart you are not closer to El Paso.
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Somebody ought to jump.
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • Earthy
    Earthy Posts: 488
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I have a pair of LS70's in my home theater. I would love to have a pair of LS90's up front and my LS70's out back. I would like Black though, but if you were closer, I would jump. I am honestly surprised these have not sold already.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Parasound Halo A21
    Parasound Halo P3

Home theater
    Polk LSiM 707, 706c, 703, 705
    Polk Blackstone TL3 for height
    SVS PB12-ISD Sub
    Denon AVR-X6400h
    Parasound Halo A51
    LG OLED65B7A
    Sony UBPX800
    Logitech Harmony Elite
    PC LSiM 703
    Spare LSIM 702 and 706c

Home Theater #2
    Polk Audio LS70, CS350LS, LSF/X, S4
    Onkyo TX-NR808

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited October 2010
    Options
    With the right electronics the sound of these can't be beat! If you were closer they would end up in my basement. If there are any audiophiles out there on a tight budget this IS the deal of the century!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • schutz2106
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Working on a deal right now.... They may be going due East a long ways........
    Klipsch RF7-II
    Klipsch RC64-II
    Klipsch RC62-II

Onkyo TX-SR805
    Dish 722 dvr
    Sony BDPS370 Blue Ray
    Samsung 52b750 LCD Tv
    Panasonic DVD Recorder
  • ken brydson
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Working on a deal right now.... They may be going due East a long ways........

I wish they were going west a long ways.....:biggrin:
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,817
    edited October 2010
    Options
    madmax wrote: »
    With the right electronics the sound of these can't be beat! If you were closer they would end up in my basement. If there are any audiophiles out there on a tight budget this IS the deal of the century!
    madmax

bump for this steal of a deal

it amazes me the deals here and more so how long they remain up for grabs
  • stone of tone
    stone of tone Posts: 78
    edited October 2010
    Options
    .....am I to late? I live in Minneapolis and would like to buy them.

Stone of Tone
    Sony Tport>Illuminati D-60>Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro>Prophecy Cryo-Silver Reference i2s>Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0 w/remote wand>Kimber Select 1030>Decware Zen Select Amp (SE84CS)>Kimber Select 3033> SDA 1/in Stereo only

Sony Tport>IllumD-60>AA DTI Pro 32>AudMagicMysticRef i2s>AA DDE 3.0> Kimber Hero Int>Rotel RA-1062>Kimber Timbre>EmotivaXPA2>Kimber 8TC Speaker Cable>SDA SRS 1.2/use SDA always>Kimber 9033 to/hi Pass jumpers> Kimber PK10 Palladian Power Cord to Rotel
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2010
    Options
    How is this not sold....
  • stone of tone
    stone of tone Posts: 78
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I sent PM.
    Sony Tport>Illuminati D-60>Audio Alchemy DTI-Pro>Prophecy Cryo-Silver Reference i2s>Audio Alchemy DDE 3.0 w/remote wand>Kimber Select 1030>Decware Zen Select Amp (SE84CS)>Kimber Select 3033> SDA 1/in Stereo only

Sony Tport>IllumD-60>AA DTI Pro 32>AudMagicMysticRef i2s>AA DDE 3.0> Kimber Hero Int>Rotel RA-1062>Kimber Timbre>EmotivaXPA2>Kimber 8TC Speaker Cable>SDA SRS 1.2/use SDA always>Kimber 9033 to/hi Pass jumpers> Kimber PK10 Palladian Power Cord to Rotel
  • schutz2106
    edited November 2010
    Options
    These are back up for sale. Zip code they are located at is 50536. I'm out in the middle of nowhere but if your close this is still a great deal. 1st buyer was too far away. 20 hour drive which I wouldnt make either. 2nd had something to do with tweets not being from year 1993/1994. I fiqured all tri dome tweeters were the same. So if you want a system priced cheap pm me. My 9 yr old sons b-day was last week and he thinks he needs them but way too young to get him hooked yet!
    Klipsch RF7-II
    Klipsch RC64-II
    Klipsch RC62-II

Onkyo TX-SR805
    Dish 722 dvr
    Sony BDPS370 Blue Ray
    Samsung 52b750 LCD Tv
    Panasonic DVD Recorder
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,551
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Yeah, its too far for me to even think about 10+ one way.....

GLWTS though, they look to be in very good shape. This is one set I would like to get a listen to (along with some LSi's but that might be arranged shortly)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)