Help with crossover setting.

Options
brianwayne671
brianwayne671 Posts: 41
edited June 2003 in Speakers
Can anyone tell me what an ideal crossover setting on my receiver would be for the following setup. Also, what should be set as large or small, etc...

Front - 2 RTi28's
Center - CSi30
Surrounds - 2 FXi30's
Sub - PSW303

Thanks,

Brian
Post edited by brianwayne671 on

Comments

• GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Brian,
    That's a nice little RTi setup you got there, they all match well. I would definately set them all to small, and if you can adjust the crossover on your reciever, set it to 80. Of course, if something else sounds better to you, then go for it, these are only recomendations
  • brianwayne671
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Thanks guitarhead. I haven't actually got the FXi30's on the wall yet, but will in about 2 hrs.! I can't wait to hear it. I just wasn't sure if 80 was too low, but I guess the speakers can play down to around 50-55 right? Yes, my receiver has that setting, it's an Onkyo TX-SR600. Thanks again.

Brian
  • GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Yeah, now knowing that you have an Onkyo, I would definately say small. I've owned 4 Onkyos (loved them all), and I've found they sound best on small. The SR600 reciever is a solid choice as well - I had the model before it (575x) and It was fabulous. Congrats, and be sure to tell us how it sounds.
  • brianwayne671
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hey Guitar-

The speaks sound great! Those FXi's are some great speakers. After 4 different sets of speakers, I think I finally got it right. Thanks for all your help.

Brian