What Polk Rears Can I use?

Options
Gate1way2
Gate1way2 Posts: 29
edited June 2003 in Speakers
hi guys,
have a question i have some polk rt1000s as my fronts and a cs400i for my center. Was waiting to get a little cash to buy my rears. It's time to buy my rears, but when i went to look for the matching timbre rears, i was told that they were now discontinued (FX300 & FX500). Could you guys recommend some rears to match my fronts and center? What do you guys think of using some tower speakers for the rears? Or should i just stay with the bookshelf size and use some FX models? and if so which speaker models do you guys recommend?
Thanks
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Dave
Post edited by Gate1way2 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,126
    edited June 2003
    Options
    RT35i...or RT55i...or RTi38
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    RT35i...or RT55i...or RTi38

Any of these would be fine. I'm using 600i's (towers) as surrounds and love 'em.

Check this out- (not sure how to post another thread)
    I greet u with the Holy word "Peace"

Just saw an ad from "Nobody beats the Wiz" locations.
    RT600I's - $98.88 each

Guess they're trying to get rid of existing stock.
    Not too shabby a price for the 600's

Just a quick heads up, for those interested.

CHEERS ! jefff

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    edited June 2003
    Options
    How about these?

Not a scratch. Wall mounted for 1 week (two movies) and back in the box. I bought this set for the Great room but they didn't pass the WAF due to the fact that I already have a dedicated theater in the basement and a dedicated two channel room in the living area upstairs. White, box, manual, mint.

Will ship double boxed to insure safe delivery. Ebay feedback under LeasingGuy (57)

I will put these on ebay this weekend if no reasonable offer is made. No reserve starting at $0.01

tomgrooms@charter.net
  • Gate1way2
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Jeff,
    "Nobody beats the Wiz" is that an online store or a retail store? I never heard of it but that's a heck of deal and for a price like that i am really intrested.
    Let me know thanks
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    Options
    It appears TheWiz is no more...

http://www.thewiz.com/intellectualprop.asp
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Gate1way2
    edited June 2003
    Options
    $299 obo for fx500's sounds good Ken, only problem is I wish they were black so they could match my fronts. If they were black i would buy them.
    Thanks
    Dave
  • Gate1way2
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Anybody else have any suggestions? Towers vs FX for surrounds??
    Thanks
  • BRAD-TX
    BRAD-TX Posts: 25
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Damn, for $98 that is a steal. I don't think I could have kept myself from buying at least one pair :)

No wonder they had to file for chapter 11
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    "The Wiz" was an east coast dealer... NY, NJ, etc. Was even sent up in a Seinfeld episode (Elaine fell in love with "the Wiz" TV spokesman).

Anyway the site is dead, but there may be some outlets that are still doing bankruptcy liquidations. For sure some industrious easterners have scooped up deals for ebay selling.

If you really want some of the RT600i’s, post in the flea market and maybe a Club Member who lives in the area will be willing to buy and ship them to you if you are willing to use Bid-Pay or PayPal to get them the funds up front at no cost to them...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Gate1way2
    Anybody else have any suggestions? Towers vs FX for surrounds??Thanks
    Polk website suggests bi-/di-poles for side surrounds, but not rears. Write-up is in the FAQ's section...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli