Old School

avelanchefan
avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
edited July 2005 in Music & Movies
Picked this up yesterday at BB for 14.99. I got the uncut version. It has dts also. Not a movie that has a lot of surround effects or bass on it.

It was a fairly funny movie though. I do not know if it was worth the purchase. I have to watch it one more time.
Sean
XboxLive--->avelanchefan
PSN---->Floppa
http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
Post edited by avelanchefan on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2003
    It was ok. It kinded reminded me of Saving Silverman, but not as funny.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2003
    I love this damn movie. I watched it twice in the theaters, and now about 4 times since it came out a week ago. Maybe it appeals to me more than others since I am going to propose before too long and I am in college. Anyways, I love this movie.

Thanks for mentioning the lack of bass. I was gone for a week and I thought my sub died or something Weak bass. Too bad, there are parts that could use it. Oh well, it is a comedy afterall.

I can't believe for one that this thread isnt getting more love or that this movie isnt getting more love. I thought it was great, and all my 20-24 year old friends thought it was great. I would recommend to anyone that hasn't seen it that they make the time to at least rent it. I gave a copy to my dad for fathers day afterall.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2003
    I purchased this and also agree that it was an ok movie, I guess I was expecting too much. I like that its in my library now tho'.

The movie never really got going IMO, it had alot of potential, with the cast involved, but kinda stalled.

Van Wilder is a much better movie in this genre. Tomcats is also another funny movie with Ryan Reynolds, who is the Harvey Keitel of comedy....if you know what I mean.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited June 2003
    My wife and I rented this movie last night and I thought it was okay at best. I was really excited to see it and then I was greatly disappointed. I absolutely love Wil Ferrel's movies as well as when he was on Saturday Night Live but the movie just didn't have enough story or funny sub plots to it.

Not to mention there was not enough nudity.

I think I seen more of Wil's **** then anything.:D
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited June 2003
    I agree with Shizelbs,
    Loved it.
    Maybe it is just more appealing to college kids?
    Either way I thought it was great and I can only hope I am still that cool when I am "old"
    :D
    Mike
  • Janusch
    Janusch Posts: 132
    edited June 2003
    Just saw this last week and I'm with the it's okay crowd. It does seem like the college group like it more then the older set. The bad thing is I think the movie was more for us older guys. To help us relive some of the memories, or at lest dream of what might have been.

There are some many better movies that are in this catogory. Most of them have to be stacked up with Animal House.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2005
    The road of Bacardi has lead me to this movie again.

Absolute perfection.

Back to the flick and booze.
  • tecmo04
    tecmo04 Posts: 421
    edited July 2005
    Once it hits your lips, so good, so good....