Has any one seen this?

Valentine143
Valentine143 Posts: 6
edited December 2001 in Music & Movies
I just bought this at musicdvdonline.com
Has anyone seen this?

Mannheim Steamroller -Home Theater Demo DVD

-Turn your home theater system into the best Hi-Fi system ever with this unique disc specially designed to demonstrate the full range of DVD's latest video and audio capabilities. This DVD-Video demo includes Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1
Surround Sound encoding and is compatible with all DVD players and decoders. The music is tailored to push the capabilities of your home theater system to the max. Also included is Chip's Comet, a diagnostic to ensure your speakers are set up properly. This is a must-have for anyone with a DVD home theater system.

Any reviews ??

-Darrin Valentine
Post edited by Valentine143 on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited December 2001
    Sounds good, I'll check it out.
    I always liked Mannheim steamroller.
    I wonder if it's available in store.

-luc
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited December 2001
    didn't know this DVD was out there. also a fan of Mannheim steamroller, i'm gonna have to check this out. thanks for the heads up. i'll let you know what i think when i get it...

BTW, what are your thoughts on this disc???
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2001
    While you're at it, I need you to explain MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER to me. What is it? Who are these people? Where did they come from? I never understood what this is. :(

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2001
    Some dude, Chip Evans, created this group and they play heavy electro-sysnthesized Christmas music. They are pretty popular actually. Wendi has a couple of their cd's.

I don't know, call me a traditionalist, but I prefer traditional Christmas music. I have a few intrumental Christmas cd's and I prefer them. Although, I do like "The Little Drummer Boy" by Bing Crosby and David Bowie.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Valentine143
    Valentine143 Posts: 6
    edited December 2001
    Did not notice that the Demo DVD was actually Christmas.. I should be getting it in the mail today. I adressed it to my wife, so as soon as she chooses to open it I'll let you guys know what I think. I think we discovererd the group by a CD called Manhiemer and the Mouse. An upbeat version of some Disney tunes with a New Age feel and yes heavy sythisis. Also have the Christmas versions due to our first encounter. Some are so so traditional and some are not, but their sounds make for a good listen. I stumbled on this demo DVD in dts not on purpose and I was just wondering what peoples (the experts) thoughts were. Are there any opinions on other great audio DVD's in DTS or even CD's in DTS??

-Darrin
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited December 2001
    i was going to order this yesterday at amazon (since ienjoy mannheim steamrooler, and i can always use another demo DVD), but after reading the reviews, i may hold off. sounds like the navigation through the disc is horrible, and the sound demo's aren't really 'worth' it. when you get a chance, let me know your thoughts on ths disc...

thanks!