DS7200 worked then died...help

Options
klewis82
klewis82 Posts: 2
edited December 2001 in Technical/Setup
I purchased a DS7200 system 2 weeks ago, hooked it up last weekend and it's been working great for the past week. Today, I put in a CD and increased volume, the system crackled, the CD skipped and then the Subwoofer and center channel speakers stopped working. I re-set the pre-amp according to the manual, checked all cables, fuzes and circuit breakers and everthing appears to be fine...except the sound.

Any ideas...I called the dealer who pointed me to Polk technical support. I will speak to them tomorrow, but in the mean time, I'm heartbroken with the prospect of boxing everything back up and shipping it back and having to re-install everything once again.

klewis82
Post edited by klewis82 on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited December 2001
    Options
    I think you are going to need some packing tape my friend.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited December 2001
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for your posting, I'm sorry you're experiencing a problem with the DS7200. I believe you have tripped the amplifier's built-in overload protection. To reset it you would either un-plug the AC power cord of the sub-woofer, wait for ten to fifteen minutes, re-connect the power cord. This should return the amplifiers to full operation.
    Best regards, Ken Swauger