star wars on dvd

trubluluc
trubluluc Posts: 2,067
edited December 2001 in Music & Movies
guys,

has anyone heard a date when the origional star wars trilogy will be available on dvd in the states?
And I don't mean the eastern ukranian version overdubbed from the origional swahili version available in laffia.

luc
Post edited by trubluluc on

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited December 2001
    Lucas is going to hold off on the original trilogy for DVD until after Episode 3 is released in 2005. So, if that holds true, then you're looking at somewhere in the latter part of 2005 or into 2006.

He'll get the itch for even more $$$$ than he already has and will release it sooner. You can probably bank on that!

John
    No excuses!
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited December 2001
    i already knew he was holding off, but i just had to vent....

thanks for listening, and sorry:)
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited December 2001
    just to talk starwars talk i have decided that when the trilogy comes out i am going to sit down one morn and watch every starwars movie that is on dvd back to back. total couch potatoe style no shower, cooler with tasty beverages by my side, and plenty of munchies:D
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • juice21
    edited December 2001
    back to back trilogy night, or night and day. i guess it would total over 12 hours of viewing enjoyment.... of course the way the new trilogy is going, don't know if i can bank on the last 6 hours being enjoyable...:D
  • Marcorobecchi
    Marcorobecchi Posts: 1
    edited December 2001
    Original Star Wars Trilogy in DVD only in 2006!!!
  • juice21
    edited December 2001
    that's lucas' plan. of course, i did hear that he was going to make no star wars DVD's (EPI-III) either until they were all completed, and TPM is out, so maybe there is a slight ray of hope???

welcome to the forum!:D