Speaker stand setup

Options
clsgman
clsgman Posts: 18
edited June 2003 in Speakers
How is it that the Sanus NF30 stands are recommended for the RTi28 speakers when the shelf is only 5 x 5 and the speaker base is close to 8 x 10.

What about stability and falling over concerns? I like the Sanus stands but don't understand how they're stands for the RTi 28s
Post edited by clsgman on

Comments

• tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited June 2003
    Options
    You'll want to get some Blu Tack, or some other puddy stuff that is used to hang posters on the wall. You can get it at office max for about 2 bucks. It works great, just make sure that when you pull your speakers off the stands that you do it VERY slowly. Sometimes the puddy sticks VERY well and can pull the finish right off! But don't be too afraid to use the puddy, used correctly it won't harm your speakers at all. Blu Tak us very widely used in the audiophile community.

Just put a small pee sized amount on each corner of the stand's base plate and press your speakers down on to it. It'll hold better than you think!
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • thajones
    thajones Posts: 30
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I bought some Sanus inexpensive stands from Ubid for my RT12's, and considering they are only supposed to support like 20lbs, they do a great job. My 2 year old has bumped into them more than once, and they didn't waver.

Now of course if I was to fall on them, I'm pretty sure they would go kaboom, but other than that...
    Denon 1803 Receiver
    Denon HDCD CD player and DVD Player
    DTV HD Tivo Recorder
    AR Pro Series Interconnects
    Kimber Kable
    48 inch Magnavision HD projection
    Polk CS350 center channel
    Polk RT10s
    Polk RT/fx
    AR 12" slot loaded sub

(Mirage Omnisat system almost complete)
  • tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited June 2003
    Options
    If you can make a pair of your own it can save you a LOT of money and they are VERY sturdy. I made some stands based on this design, they were pretty easy to make and look great. Fill them with sand and they will be pretty hard to tip over. Here are my stands

Or you could check out Parts Express Stands. This one or this one look very sturdy for the money. Both stands can also be filled with sand.
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15