surround placement

Options
rhulett
rhulett Posts: 89
I have the fxi30's for surround speakers placed about 6 feet high, and to the sides and slightly behind of the listening position. My question is which direction should the tweeter be facing, towards the back of the room or towards the listening position. I have switch on the dipole setting. Thank you in advance for the advice.
Rob
Post edited by rhulett on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Towards the listening area. The fx should also be marked L/R on the serial number, if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Nice sig quote Russ... you hitting the Harlequin Romance rack again? :D
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Oh, you MUST be kidding Tour. ;)

Final Cut ring a bell? (on Harvest vinyl nontheless)

Does read a little different, if one isn't in the 'know', I can see that.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Never did give that PF a listen... Worth one?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Yeah, start to finish.

If I could have only one PF album, that would be it.

Don't rush out, I'll send it to ya on cd for eval purposes.

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • Tour2ma
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Appreciate it... sort of quit following after The Wall. Did however, pick up Roger's "Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking"... Love that one...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• donahue
    donahue Posts: 125
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hi Rob,

I was thinking about buying a pair of FXi30s for my setup. Can you give your opinion on these? I have RTi70s and a CSi40 in the front.

Thanks,

Ray
  • rhulett
    rhulett Posts: 89
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I have the same exact setup as you and they sound really good for surround effects. The fxi50's I think use the same tweeter and woofers as the rti70's and csi40 but I haven't felt the need to upgrade.