Polk AB755 - help!

Options
timothyj
timothyj Posts: 129
edited June 2003 in Speakers
Hey all, I purchased a pair of polk in-wall AB755's three weeks ago via ebay and finally received them today. The seller, "sharonem", forgot to send them and after some hounding I finally got them. Well, both frames on them are broken and the tweeter on one is melted! The heat in Houston most likely caused the latter.

I purchased ups insurance, but have never filed a claim before. Wallstreet and Ron-P purchased a pair from the same seller, Ron's were fine and Wallstreet's like mine had a busted frame. I'm looking for advice on how to make a claim for UPS. Thanks all, and beware of "sharonem". Ups is mostly to blame, but the packaging was really flimsy.
Tim

LSI7 x 3 (fronts)
rt25i x 2 (surrounds)
SVS PB-10 NSD
Harmon Kardon 235 pre/pro
NAD amps
Xbox 360
Pioneer DV-578A (DVD, SACD, DVD-A)
Post edited by timothyj on

Comments

• wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2003
    Options
    You can file a claim, but in the end, the check goes to Sharonem (the shipper). The shipper usually pays for the insurance. I don't think Sharonem put any insurance on the speaks. UPS give $100 as a default. I'm still waiting for the insurance process to work through. The ball is in sharonem's court right now. He needs to sign a claim form and then UPS will send a check. I haven't decided what to do on mine yet. Mine seemed to suffer only cosmetic damage. If the electronics were damaged, I would have sent them back for a refund. sharonem's feedback on ebay seems good, so we may just both be unlucky.