professional amps

Options
i4gotmyid
i4gotmyid Posts: 173
edited June 2003 in Electronics
what about a professional audio amp? I saw some at my local music store and they put out 200-250 watts per channel for only $299. Seems like a good deal. I know that it might not be high current, I dont know the exact specs (voltage and current) but for that price it seems like a good deal. what do you think? is there a difference between a pro audio amp and a regular audio amp besides the connections? Is clean power in one the same as the other?
Post edited by i4gotmyid on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2003
    Options
    What brand are you looking at?

For all intents and purposes, the differences are in the packaging and connectors.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited June 2003
    Options
    pro audio like ones used for dj have a bit higher thd and sometimes have fans. i have a samsung s1000 for my sub with is 500 wats rms by 2 into 4 ohms. and i payed 350 i think. the pro amps have balanced and xlr they usaly run warmer. also isthe 200-250 rms or peak. if it is peak that is olny about 120 -150 rms you might want to lok at some used 2 channels that you can bridge ron p did that i think there is a thread about it.