guys look at these speakers.... kinda looks like the lsi models

http://www.unitedhomeproducts.com/id61.htm
Post edited by eugene65 on

Comments

• tonyv1
    tonyv1 Posts: 365
    edited May 2003
    Options
    My best friend has Audes Soul speakers in his 2 channel setup. Solidly built, made in Estonia in a factory that use to make MIGs. Smooth sounding and not bottom heavy sounding at all. Checkout the speaker terminal, those things are huge! Standard dual bananas need not apply.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Polk's not making six-footers anymore that I am aware of. Very strange looking with only two mid/bass drivers in a cabinet that tall.

Pretty tube mono-blocks, tho. And the Orpheus model is reminiscent of an old speaker line, whose name escapes me, but I remember it use the Heil air motion driver... It'll come to me...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hey Tour-
    I agree, kinda weird looking speakers with that much space around the drivers. They remind me of Coneheads! :lol:
    Not to diss the speaker, just found the look funny.
    All current Polk's are shy of the 6 foot mark by a few feet, too bad I love the look of the monsters.

Are you referring to ESS? They look a little like a model by them called the AMT 1D. They also vaguely remind me of Wilson Audio too, don't know why.
    Enjoy guys. Mike
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited June 2003
    Options
    dt,

Yup ESS be the one. Thanks for the recall... It's the leaning back of the front of the speaker that reminded me of the ESS.

I believe Heil Air Motion Transformer was the full name of the driver it employed. I used to have a white paper on its design, but seems to be long gone, as is my memory of its design principles.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Hey Tour, Thought that might be the one.
    Check this out-
    http://www.tricell-ent.com/Oskar.htm
    Pretty interesting stuff.
    Take it easy. Mike