Sound question.

Options
souljurn
souljurn Posts: 14
edited May 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have two GNX12 4 ohm subs in a Q-Logic sealed/ported box (QLH-1.2512dx) (1.25 cubic feet internal volume per sub). Running them i changed my amp from a Profile to a Rockford Fosgate Power 351M
175 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
350 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms.
I want to know, since im still in my breaking in period, if these subs will pound and hit or will they just deliver tight well pronounced bass in the box mentioned?
I also have a Blaupunkt Casablanca CD51 CD Receiver
25 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels
4v front/rear/mono subwoofer outputs
going into the amp.
Post edited by souljurn on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    Options
    what does "sealed/ported" mean? -- its either one or the other...

as far as will it pound -- i dont think so -- and its got nothin to do with the box -- it's hte sub(s) and hte amp -- they're loud, they're defined, they're decent sounding, and for 175 watt subs they're not too bad... but nothing short of 750 watts "pounds" to me. that however is an opinion. i think you can get it to sound really good... the box is the right size so you're allright. but you're not going to blow the trunk off the car.

I ran 460 into my girl's car with two DX 10's and I can't get it to pound. i need a bigger amp -- RF Punch 700S was on sale but its too damned long to fit into the tiny rack space.

however, i like i said, i think you can have it sound very good and musical, and just bassy enough to keep you happy, but without upping the power substantially it's not shaking the earth.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • souljurn
    souljurn Posts: 14
    edited May 2003
    Options
    so which subs do you recomend? are the Kicker CompVR CVR12-4 (two of them) any good? will those hit hard(in a sealed box)

oh, and by sealed/ported, i mean that its a sealed box but it brings the holes and the port tubes to convert it into a sealed/ported box.
    hope that helps.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    Options
    well i think what you have is fine -- but if u really wanted to upgrade to the next level (not that this is the highest level, its jsut the next level)... u could do...

two polk DX10's off a 600 - 800 watt mono amp.

two polk momo's off a 1000 watt amp.

two JBL GT120's off a 500 watt mono amp.

but like i said.. i think what u got is fine.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge