Brand New Polk MM1040's

MDManley10
MDManley10 Posts: 3
edited November 2008 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I just got my new MM1040svc's and Im installing them in a 1996 Chevy Silverado extended cab with an Eclipse CD5100 Headunit, Kicker DS6.5 Front Speakers, Polk MOMO4x6 Back speakers. The box is a downfireing and vortex lined(Smooth Rhino Liner) with a kicker zx750.1 amp and 4Guage Wireing. The high end speakers are plenty loud for me, but im worried the subs arent going to hit hard enough. I will be installing them friday night so if anyone has any suggestions about how or tips, anythings welcome.
Post edited by MDManley10 on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2008
    they should be plenty loud in your truck, i would be suprised if they wern't
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • Topper
    Topper Posts: 403
    edited November 2008
    so how'd the new sub turn out? post pix too will ya :)
  • MDManley10
    MDManley10 Posts: 3
    edited November 2008
    Finally got everything in and installed in my truck. Ive had the high end speakers in for about a month now and im really impressed with both although the polk 4x6 distort on the very top end of the head unit and the kickers dont but i think its all the size difference. I got the box in and I thought it was going to be bigger for some reason and theres alot of extra room that could have been used so i may end up making a new one myself later. Im trusting car audio places less and less these days, besides the size he didnt put spring terminals in which not a huge deal but he only ran 16 guage wire and i connected with a butt splice to 14 guage wire. The amp tested at 934 watts at kicker so i hope that will be enough to handel the power. Its didnt sound so great at first but after some tuning and some well placed socks and pieces of cloth under plastic panels It sounds great. If i did it again i would probably take the back seat out and put four subs probably twelves in a ported box but that will have to wait for a new vehical.